Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2006 Goldwing at our dealership. It has 16,000 miles on it and is the ABS model. Being not real familiar with Goldwing through the years, is there anything I need to be aware of with this (2006) year's model. Are there any differences between 2006 and now that may help me make a decision?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Not a whole lot other than the infamous speedo optimism. Honda aparrently sorted that better for '09 and newer. XM radio included on the '10s but that's about all I can think of.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Where are you located?
What is the dealer asking for the bike? Check it over real good from top to bottom and ask if he will offer any kind of warranty. What extras does it have? CB, backrest highway boards, trunk spoiler.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
2005 model year and up seem to have few problems. 2001-04 had some issues with cooling and frame cracks. The frame was handled by Honda on recalls. Not sure about the cooling problems.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought my 06 about a year and half ago with 26,000 miles. I bought the extended warranty and glad I did. Nav unit went, front fork seals, heater module all went out and more than paid for the warranty. I triked it and rode 3,000 mile trip last summer. It is a great bike/trike. I now have 44,000 and loving it.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Offer $4,500 under MSRP on a new 2010. Get $1,000 in free Honda accessories. Tell dealer there's a place in Indiana that's also giving a free 7yr warranty.
In case he tells you that can't be true-tell him to call LakeCityHonda in Warsaw, In. @ (866)525-3248. www.lakecityhonda.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts