Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nightmare is over and the Nighthawk is back. Sure found some nice photo opportunities. Maybe a little dangerous but had to get that shot.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1407280762.203837.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1407280790.764622.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1407280881.846325.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1407280901.017243.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
nice belt, forth pic :D

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
687 Posts
Water Front Critters -

Hey Efinref - Nice photos of your bike out on the dock. With my luck, my next shot would have been of me standing there with a long tow rope trying to figure out how I was going to fish it out of the lake.

Big A$$ rattler. In our area we've had enough rain this year to have a good crop of lizards and frogs in the woods down by the creek. The other day I saw a good size timber rattler (no rattles) cruising the fence line probably looking for a snack.

Glad you have your bike back on the road, Michael

·
Super Moderator
28,005 Posts
Does my heart good to see him breathing well. The 'Hawk that is.

I sure forgot what a pretty bike that is.:YellowWow:

By the way you can keep the snake, not afraid of them but don't really need to bond with them either.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does my heart good to see him breathing well. The 'Hawk that is.

I sure forgot what a pretty bike that is.:YellowWow:

By the way you can keep the snake, not afraid of them but don't really need to bond with them either.
This has been a true test of patience. Eventually had to find a new oil pan at a salvage yard. The oil pan is on with an OEM gasket. Had I used the Form In Place Gasket and warped pan (after welding cracks), I would have damaged the motor. When I put it together it still leaked, so I pulled it and noticed the stuff had oozed out into the pan. Glad I never started the engine. She is tight now!!!

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Efinref - Nice photos of your bike out on the dock. With my luck, my next shot would have been of me standing there with a long tow rope trying to figure out how I was going to fish it out of the lake.

Big A$$ rattler. In our area we've had enough rain this year to have a good crop of lizards and frogs in the woods down by the creek. The other day I saw a good size timber rattler (no rattles) cruising the fence line probably looking for a snack.

Glad you have your bike back on the road, Michael
Michael,
I was thinking the whole time, "I will never live down dropping this bike in the lake."
The snake was just beautiful. I hate I made it mad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
Yea Isaac hates that you pissed the snake off as well. glad to hear the Hawk is up and running, to bad school is or has started again.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea Isaac hates that you pissed the snake off as well. glad to hear the Hawk is up and running, to bad school is or has started again.
I hope Isaac see's it......and yes, it is terrible that school is back. I guess they send me a check for some reason.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
I hope Isaac see's it......and yes, it is terrible that school is back. I guess they send me a check for some reason.
YES, I did see it and next time I want some warning. I got up close to look at the bike and the dock and then the next picture popped up and "Damn, I hate those things"....Isaac

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
+3 on the dead snake. You would've heard a .45 shot next.

Nothing rides quite like a Gold Wing!

·
Super Moderator
14,088 Posts
Just waiting for the last crews to come in after catching a slop over on one of our fires south of Leavenworth. Sure glad you got that running again.

Tomorrow is my last shift and Sunday I'll be home. I need to go for a ride Monday.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just waiting for the last crews to come in after catching a slop over on one of our fires south of Leavenworth. Sure glad you got that running again.

Tomorrow is my last shift and Sunday I'll be home. I need to go for a ride Monday.
School is back in session...My riding days are over

1 - 20 of 24 Posts