Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GL1800 Audio Comfort (Black), 2006 GL1800 Nav non-abs (White), 2007 GasGas EC300
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2021 Goldwing yesterday. Sprung for the extend 8 year warranty with unlimited mileage. Should be most helpful for all the LD riding this bike will see.

I have the full Traxxion suspension set up on order, belly pan and Heli bars. Just getting started setting up for Rallying. Gonna design an aux fuel cell to go on behind the passenger and put a pelican or GIVI top case on top of that which will act as a back rest for my better half. She wears a full spine protector in her Aerostich suit and doesn't want to have a pad. I want to make the assembly adjustable so if she does, it can easily be accommodated.

I will say the ride home from the dealer, The Brothers Powersports in Bremerton, WA (I used to be supported by them when I was road racing) was a joy. I can't believe how low the center of gravity feels on this bike. The steering is lighter and really good. The power delivery is much different than my 06. Definitely needs a RDL seat. Madstad windscreen is on order already. Although the V-Stream that came with it is not bad. I just want more wind protection.

·
Administrator
29,401 Posts
Congrats and that is a Beauty!!!!

Reactions: Auburn

·
862 Posts
Picked up my 2021 Goldwing yesterday. Sprung for the extend 8 year warranty with unlimited mileage. Should be most helpful for all the LD riding this bike will see.

I have the full Traxxion suspension set up on order, belly pan and Heli bars. Just getting started setting up for Rallying. Gonna design an aux fuel cell to go on behind the passenger and put a pelican or GIVI top case on top of that which will act as a back rest for my better half. She wears a full spine protector in her Aerostich suit and doesn't want to have a pad. I want to make the assembly adjustable so if she does, it can easily be accommodated.

I will say the ride home from the dealer, The Brothers Powersports in Bremerton, WA (I used to be supported by them when I was road racing) was a joy. I can't believe how low the center of gravity feels on this bike. The steering is lighter and really good. The power delivery is much different than my 06. Definitely needs a RDL seat. Madstad windscreen is on order already. Although the V-Stream that came with it is not bad. I just want more wind protection.

😬 All those options there in the lot, and you picked that one. How did you ever decide.😂 no brainer right?!!!! Sounds like you have done your homework, what with your order list. It’s got that clutch thingy on it too!! I’ll be right over to help you acclimate to riding it, we’ll take turns. 😇 Now post pics of the places you go. I haven’t ridden WA or OR. Traveled there with mom and dad back in the day (before cell phones, credit cards and online anything).

·
Super Moderator
10,442 Posts
Beautiful ride. Congrats.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Congratulations on getting your Wing. It sounds like you are ready to make it your own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like the bike and all your farckles but a clutch lever ? The DCT is an amazing addition please consider before farcklling.

Congratulations, I really like the look of that bike without the box. Still waiting on my DCT tour to come in and then it will be following me home too.
Do yourself a favor and order a RDL seat for your bike.You can thank me later.

·
Registered
2006 GL1800 Audio Comfort (Black), 2006 GL1800 Nav non-abs (White), 2007 GasGas EC300
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do yourself a favor and order a RDL seat for your bike.You can thank me later.
My ride in appointment is next month. I have one on my 06, and selling the RDL seat from my other 06 that I traded.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Bremerton, huh!?! That's where I grew up! Still have lots of family up that area. A bunch of them ride, although most are now on HDs. But, I still love them! LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts