Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I opened my email this morning I found a message from Gold Wing Owners saying how much I was being missed since I had not logged on for quite some time now.
For the past two months now it's been very cold here in Iowa. The Wing has been prepped, tucked in for the winter, and honestly forgotten about.
It seems much has been weighing heavy on my mind lately with all the insanity taking place in our country right now. With issues such as the fiscal cliff, gun control, health care, cost of living, rising taxes and the list just goes on and on and on. Property taxes are rising so fast in our community that I wonder how many of us will be able to afford our homes when we retire even if our homes are paid for. I read recently where many elderly retired folks across the nation are dumping their home owners insurance simply because they can no longer afford it.
All this making me wonder.....where have the days gone when life was so simple and care free and our only concern was the fence gate that needs to be painted.
Thanks to that email from Gold Wing Owners I have been gently reminded that soon warmer days will be here again and those simple pleasurable times with my Wing will again bring things back into focus again. Somehow the Wing, two lane blacktop, and a sunny day has a way of clearing our perspectives.

Regards to all,

Harkgold:)

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
glad to have you back with us, thanks for checking in

·
Super Moderator
12,271 Posts
G

·
"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Quoting Efinref,quoting Paul Harvey.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Yes, getting away on the bike can give us that temporary escape from reality until we are slapped in the face upon our return from the trip.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Yes, getting away on the bike can give us that temporary escape from reality until we are slapped in the face upon our return from the trip.
Very true words, when I get on the bike and head out of the city, to me it's a bit of a vacation. Even though it may only be for a few hours. The reality of it is, like any vacation it's short lived.
Oh well, that means you just gotta enjoy it while it last!! ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
You were missed here. Glad to have you back with us.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Wow Im glad I erased that! :D Be safe and spring will be here before we pay off our countries debt...

·
Administrator
15,296 Posts
Our country has been through tough times before. 150 years ago was pretty bad and we came through. I'm confident we can overcome and sanity will return. But then I'm an optimist.......

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Our country has been through tough times before. 150 years ago was pretty bad and we came through. I'm confident we can overcome and sanity will return. But then I'm an optimist.......
I'm with you Mark and If the one that you have made your life with is the one that makes your life so great then some times the sanity is just so easy to come your way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
If the peoples spirit is strong the country is strong. Yes I think you will come through this.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
What we need is a forum that we can discuss the world's problems and things that make us happy like riding our Wings....... Oh yeah this is it.:D

·
Administrator
15,296 Posts
I'm with you Mark and If the one that you have made your life with is the one that makes your life so great then some times the sanity is just so easy to come your way.
That's why we got it so good. Keeping the wife happy keeps me happy.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,271 Posts
You look scared! :eek:

Was her daddy standing behind the minister with a shotgun?

:D

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Must be great to be an optimist! Unfortunately, I'm a realist.

Yes, we "came through" the Civil War, but it was at the cost of 625,000+ lives, about 2% of the US population of 1860. A species can survive even after particular nations fall. But, it's the price of what's coming that as a father of two weighs on my mind.

I'm an economist by training, and I can assure you that what is happening is completely unsustainable, and will result in "ramifications and repercussions."

So, I spend as much quality time as possible with my wife and kids, but also have a "weather eye" on the horizon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts