Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday, I'm off on the longest cross country of my life. Ventura County, CA, Williams, AZ, then NO FREEWAYS to Green Mt, IA, then up the east Coast of Lake Michigan, to Mackinaw, Minneapolis for the weekend, then off to Glacier National Park. About 6,000 miles.

Temps should range anywhere from low 40's in the Mountains at night to 110's across the plains states. 2-1/2 weeks! Yahooooo!

·
Administrator
15,407 Posts
We will cross paths in Michigan, but I'll be about two weeks behind you. Enjoy the ride!

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
have fun, be safe, and take lots of pic's along the way

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Premium Member
24,524 Posts
Having just spent 11 days riding in near and/or over triple digit temps, I can tell you it gets grinding on the mind and body both. I used my neck cooler as well as resorting to the water dousing of the upper clothing to stay the exhaustion. Almost 10,000km (6000 miles) and not a drop of rain until I was within 4 hours of home. Only day I had that was 70 degrees f and it was very welcome. Like the Scouts say: "Be Prepared".

·
Super Moderator
12,301 Posts
Ride safe, stay hydrated and keep cool.

Oh, and post pictures. ;)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Sounds like an excellent adventure! Looking forward to the pics. Ride safe (as if you need to hear it again ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.