Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a long time Harley rider. I hit a milestone with my 01 E-Glide with 100,000 miles. The bike has been awesome never stranding me on the side of the road and the heads have never been off. But I think it might be time for a change. I want to cross the country next year before I get too old and do it in comfort. I think the Goldwing is the bike to do it. And the Wing will pull a trailer with my camping gear. I know the Harley will do it too but the Wing will do it easier. So I will gather all the info I can from this forum and make a good decision. I'm 60 in Nov. and life is short so I want to tour our country next year. Thanks for all the insite I know I will get here.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome aboard and happy shopping for a new wing. Your at the right pace here, very knowledgeable folks here that can tell you all about wings, and offer up some interesting dialect as well.( Right Lee?):)

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF trourke

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Welcome to the site trourke. There is loads of info here & hope you have fun on your search for the new ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
welcome i just joined this site yesterday have had my goldwing 7 months now live i northwest wyoming and have limited riding in the winter but have put 1000 miles on in that time no riding from sept. till 2 weeks ago but want to ride every time i can i love my big criuser a 1900 yahama but nothing like my wing for comfort, ride,and features. when i bought this bike i was at the strugis rally and had ability to ride all the touring bikes HD,Yamaha,Victory, and kawy. my opinion none compare with honda

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too live where winter shortens our riding season. Maybe we can squeeze 6 months out and if I can do 100,000 on my Harley I should double it on a Wing. I have not had a chance to ride one yet but I will. We have our annual bike blessing next weekend so I will talk to some Wing owners and pick thier brains.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Trourke, good luck on your search for the perfect Wing. For long distance riding I don't think you can beat the Wing. Glad you joined the forum and hope we can provide you with some good information. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Trourke, seek and ye shall find. Wings pull trailers really well. Pulled a Solaris and then a Tinymite with both a 1200 and a 1500 for many years and a whole whack of miles over just about any kind of road you could imagine (not always by choice LOL). Once you get the hang of the extra unit behind you and its' associated changes, proper hitch and loading is the key to happy travels. ;)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Trourke, like you I rode Harleys for awhile, infact I still have my Heritage. I decided after my last trip I wanted more comfort and decided to get a Wing and Im glad I did. I fell in love with the bike on the ride home. Will keep the harley for around town, but when it comes to a trip Im going to be on the wing :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts