Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a tire brand that is better for long distance 2-up rides? Planning several cross country trips.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from? What year bike do you have?

How open minded are you? Best life expectancy is going to come from a non-traditional tire aka Darkside.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
if you realy want long life you should check into a car tire. Some riders are getting well over 25000 miles on one. Goto the Darkside forum for more info on that option. If you want to stay with a motorcycle tire you might want to look at a Dunlop E4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you realy want long life you should check into a car tire. Some riders are getting well over 25000 miles on one. Goto the Darkside forum for more info on that option. If you want to stay with a motorcycle tire you might want to look at a Dunlop E4.
Thanks. I'll check them out.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Reactions: JKWinger

·
Super Moderator
14,564 Posts
I have had good luck with Dunlop. The E-4's I tried got over 18,000 miles on a set. But they do make a lot of noise in the curves over 14,000. Bridgestone is a good choice. I get around 16,000 on a set of those. Darkside car tire on the rear will get you down the road for 30,000 or so miles. I've never had them on a bike of mine, but a lot of people go that route. I've followed many of them through the curves and I never saw it slow anyone up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had good luck with Dunlop. The E-4's I tried got over 18,000 miles on a set. But they do make a lot of noise in the curves over 14,000. Bridgestone is a good choice. I get around 16,000 on a set of those. Darkside car tire on the rear will get you down the road for 30,000 or so miles. I've never had them on a bike of mine, but a lot of people go that route. I've followed many of them through the curves and I never saw it slow anyone up.
I have good luck with E4's ... with them when it comes to tar snakes... groves... and difference road surfaces Im happy ... I know of others who uses car tires and they claim they don't have any problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts