Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Littlehampton is just off the main hwy1, to Melboure. It's in a very picturesque country town and it,s the last place in South Australia to still be making bricks. All of the rest are brought in from somewhere. The purpose for being in Littlehampton was to get paving bricks for my driveway. Being such a good day weather wise, it was a good run for the wing. To get to Littlehampton I went straight up the main hwy and couldn't stop for photo's. So the first photo's are at the brickworks at Littlehampton. The last photo is the matching the house brick to the paving brick. Eric

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Sure, sure you had to prove me wrong that all roads start in Adelaide didn't you?

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ride home was to be on the scenic route. It is only about 8 miles to Hahndorf but it's loaded with twisties. Up and down dale with big gum trees right on the edge of the road. A mixture of small farms, pockets of natural scrub and then around the corner into vineyards. It 1pm in the afternoon and most people are at work and the road is almost all mine. The temp. is 75f with a gully breeze, oh what fun, someone has to do it so it mite as well be me.Hahndorf is very pretty place with lots of trees and a creek running through the middle of town. Here is some photo's of that erea.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
I've said it before & I'll say it again Eric, Pretty country.

Waltzing Matilda

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fossil92: Yes you are right , I just had to change it. The last 3 photo's were coming into into Uraidla. I had just passed a bus and it is nearly all double lines. As I was coming into Uraidla I thought I just have to get a photo and put it on here for all to see. So I chucked a U turn knowing that bus will now be in front again. After I got my photo's I got passed that bus again and was not going to stop again. Could you get a better photo than the last photo....................I am talking about the photo of the bike.LOL.Eric

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the term " Built like a Brick s***house " is Australian ?
We usually use that term in relation to someone that is 6'4 and 300lbs. And then to his face we call him Sir. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Eric. It's all so lush and green. I sure could use some pictures of snow right now. Ours is all gone.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chopin114: I never thought I would get caught in a snow storm in Australia, but I did. It wasn't fun and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. And it's not a patch on what you get. And yes I did enjoy the weather on the last 2 rides. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
great pic's eric and thanks for shareing. soon we will be able to share some pic's with you

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Great tour, thanks! But how many bricks can you haul in a Gold Wing?

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A brick weighs 4lbs. I could have had 5 bricks in each bag and top box. That would have been 45 trips. I would be very familiar with the road by then. I got about half the bricks laid today and I had enough of bricks. Anyone that does that for a living earn their money. Eric

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Ditto from me Eric, we'll be back for sure. Hey maestro, if'n you need snow pics I can send you some if you like!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts