Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 96 aspencade. The other day I pulled one of the plastic panels and found the one of the "male" pegs which go into the slot to hold the plastic on was missing. Does anyone know of a place to purchase and glue new ones on?

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Not sure which "plastic panel" you referring to, but I pretty sure the posts on the the Goldwing tupperware are part of the molded plastic itself. Don't know if they can be replaced without replacing the entire piece of plastic. If you can give us an example, maybe someone will have a better suggestion..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure which "plastic panel" you referring to, but I pretty sure the posts on the the Goldwing tupperware are part of the molded plastic itself. Don't know if they can be replaced without replacing the entire piece of plastic. If you can give us an example, maybe someone will have a better suggestion..
You are probably right. It is the lower peg on the right side panel. I was hoping against hope, I could somehow replace it before losing the panel. I have had no problem with it for 3000 mi, since I bought it, but as I was servicing it a couple of days ago, I found this peg was not there. But I am probably dreaming about replacing it.

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
I have one to repair on my Nighthwak as well. So whichever one of us gets it done 1st how about we report back on this thread.

Is that a deal???

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
That's a very interesting procedure!

There are also replacement tabs on eBay.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have one to repair on my Nighthwak as well. So whichever one of us gets it done 1st how about we report back on this thread.

Is that a deal???
You got it, that's a deal. However I am getting ready to check out the replacement tabs on Ebay the next post is talking about.

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
They have gone nuts on their price for the replacement studs. They want $40.00 for two of them! :eek:
They were $20.00!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They have gone nuts on their price for the replacement studs. They want $40.00 for two of them! :eek:
They were $20.00!
Where are you finding them? I am searching ebay, can't find. found the grommets but not the studs. Can you tell me where to find? $40.00 there might work for two, cost that other guy $20 to make them.
Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You got it, that's a deal. However I am getting ready to check out the replacement tabs on Ebay the next post is talking about.
sorry backing out of deal. purchased on ebay as per cantankerous sent me the URL. But I am still interested in your and how it worked. Please let me know

·
Registered
355 Posts
Go to e-bay type in gl1500 look there they have the studs there, I have repaired the ABS plastic by getting ABS glue and a piece of ABS plastic get a rasp file and make a small pile of shavings put them in a bowel and mix the ABS glue in to it it will make a nice paste apply this to the point you will be putting the new stud in to. This will melt the two pieces together better then any type of other glue also give the stud something more for support. Just my 2 cents. Hal

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Go to e-bay type in gl1500 look there they have the studs there, I have repaired the ABS plastic by getting ABS glue and a piece of ABS plastic get a rasp file and make a small pile of shavings put them in a bowel and mix the ABS glue in to it it will make a nice paste apply this to the point you will be putting the new stud in to. This will melt the two pieces together better then any type of other glue also give the stud something more for support. Just my 2 cents. Hal
Worth a lot more than 2 cents, guaranteed. Thank you. I will do this. Get that fixed, finish the mod on the foot brake and I am in business. The mod to the brake should be done this afternoon. Will be posting pictures on my link "trouble reaching the foot bradk"

Thanks again
Jack

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
sorry backing out of deal. purchased on ebay as per cantankerous sent me the URL. But I am still interested in your and how it worked. Please let me know
The heck with you. You left me holding the bag. I'm not telling any of you guys how it works or doesn't.:D:D:D

Yeah I'm only fibbin'.;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts