Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone out there tell me what the black electronic box is for under the inner trunk cover is for. 2008 comfort/nav wing??
Is it ok to mount a sat radio antenna on the outside of the trunk just below the top of the passenger backrest?

·
Super Moderator
9,870 Posts
If it's what I think you are talking about it is the external amplifier for the premium audio system. I don't know about the sat antenna, but I think that would be the most likely place to put the antenna since I believe it needs line-of-site to work. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Electronics Well?

Can anyone out there tell me what the black electronic box is for under the inner trunk cover is for. 2008 comfort/nav wing??
Is it ok to mount a sat radio antenna on the outside of the trunk just below the top of the passenger backrest?
SR71 is indicating the amp that is in the wheel well, but I believe you're referring to the well in the trunk that has a plastic cover?

If so, that well is for 1) a CB radio unit option, 2) the CD changer option, 3) your private stash if you don't use these options.

Let us know if either of us answered your question. :)

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the confusion. I am refering to the trunk lid inner cover behind the passenger
backrest.

·
Administrator
26,173 Posts
Should be the power amp relay, depending on which model you have. There are two different modules shown in the shop manual. My satellite antenna sits on my dash under my w/s vent. I have the one lead wire that is exposed, but only until I work up the courage to do some dismantling of the fairing to hide it completely. Stomach problem with taking apart a brand new bike (no guts).

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that info, Budoka. The 1800 Comfort/Nav supposedly has the antenna for the nav system in the front of the fairing so I've been told so I guess what I'm asking is 1, Does your bike have the Honda Nav system and 2, does the sat radio antenna have any effect on the nav system where you have it located?

·
Administrator
26,173 Posts
sr71 yes I do have the Nav. Being as I live in Canada (Alberta specifically) I have noticed no disruption in the Nav, such as it is. A lot of our territory here is 'unverified' by the database so it's hard to tell. What really burns me is it's virtually the same system as my wife's car, which sucks up here too.:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts