Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 16067 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,013 Posts
Bet that one couldn't do some pretty solid damage as well.

Glad you made it through...Running from Tornado's is one of my re-accuring nightmares.
the tornado before that came down behind me and as it was touching down the wind was lifting my trailer off the ground. that tornado touched down on a bridge and tore it up pretty good. before that the tornado landed on the same bridge and took out the lighting. i had just decended the bridge and watched the lights go out in my rear view mirror. i've never had nitemares about tornados i seem to just run into them once in awhile:eek:

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Not living in an area that has tornados, I am fascinated by them and would love to be a storm chaser. Two years ago on the way back from Florida, we were in the tornado watch area in Virginia Beach and we had to leave the RV and go in a shelter at the RV park. Fortunately for everyone but me, nothing happened although we did get heavy rain and strong winds. Maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Not living in an area that has tornados, I am fascinated by them and would love to be a storm chaser. Two years ago on the way back from Florida, we were in the tornado watch area in Virginia Beach and we had to leave the RV and go in a shelter at the RV park. Fortunately for everyone but me, nothing happened although we did get heavy rain and strong winds. Maybe next time.
I want to see one from a safe distance, but its hard to do that if your sitting in the assumed position in the basement.

The one I saw 2 years ago was just trying to form and when it finally came down it put a real hurt on our northern neighbors.

·
Administrator
25,969 Posts
Relly scary stuff them tornados. One of my RC buds filmed one during the outbreak over the last two weeks, was just over a mile from his house and over a mile wide at the widest swath it cut. No property damage I guess, just some bushland, but multiple vortices and the whole deal. We've had some brushes with microbursts and had a couple super cells go over the house that spanwned small tornados north and east of us a couple years back. I'd freak if I lived in the famous "alley":eek: F3 hit the county north of town in '84, and of course there was the Black Friday F4 in Edmonton in '87. No nice thing wherever you live:(

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Did you know that during the chariot scene in Ben Hur a small red car can be seen in the distance?

·
Super Moderator
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,006
I'll be checking the next time I see it on.

Hey by the way early congrats 1 more to go.;)

·
Super Moderator
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,012
Just a drop in the bucket compared to you know who.:rolleyes:
Yeah I don't even pay attention to it when it comes to himself. He's always around like Dog @#*% so it comes with the territory.:D

·
Super Moderator
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,013
Nothing says I love you like roses.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
I got a pair of new gloves in the mail yesterday.
I don't like new gloves....I think I may start buying used gloves so they are broken in.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
I got a couple pair of well worn gloves out in the shop, what are you offering.:confused: Just pay the postage and they are yours.:rolleyes:
Thats a very nice offer Ron....I actually have some well worn gloves. I just hate the breaking in period of a new pair.

Remember now....a dog went off with one of my favorite winter gloves and can't get a replacement.:(

Thanks again...I will just fight through it:)

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Ever wonder why roosters crow so dang early in the mornings??????? Like before daylight......way before daylight.........

We have a local village outside our compound fence and they have a bunch of chickens and roosters and other wildlife.....the roosters are crowing at 4 AM......what's with that????

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Ever wonder why roosters crow so dang early in the mornings??????? Like before daylight......way before daylight.........

We have a local village outside our compound fence and they have a bunch of chickens and roosters and other wildlife.....the roosters are crowing at 4 AM......what's with that????
Not that I am all knowing on this subject, but this is best answer I have ever heard.

The Sunrise nor time triggers the Roosters desire to Crow. Its more about excitement. After a night of sleep he is refreshed (in your case 4 a.m.)...He wakes up full of energy. That triggers the Crow.

That's the theory my Zoology Professor gave us in College.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
25,969 Posts
Rod Stewart (yes the pop star) and Rachel Hunter have a son that plays Junior Hockey for the Spokane Chiefs. Unlike some that are born with a silver spoon, this youngster (17) is doing it without his famous parent's help. He billots with another team member and does all the menial chores that the other players do: cleans the bus, works hard and doesn't let his family's fame carry influence. Good on ya Liam!

·
Super Moderator
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,020
That is good Budoka. Makes you believe that there are still some good people out there.

Would be neat if the Flyers draft him. Mom's hot.;)

1001 - 1020 of 16067 Posts