Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty new to my wing and have a question. In the Ride like a Pro video I learned to feather the REAR brake to stabilize the bike while slipping the clutch in the friction zone to perform stabile low speed manuvers. With my old bike, I got pretty good at turning up to full locked bars with plenty of control. Haven't had much time yet to figure out if this works the same with the linked brakes on the wing. Does anyone use this technique on the wing? Does the linked aspect of the rear brake application mess with stabililty? Low speed front brake application is not normally the best (in my somewhat limited experience). Thanks for your $0.02 in advance.

·
Premium Member
23,794 Posts
My local buddy did the " Ride Like a Pro " seminar last July. Dumped his bike twice with minor cosmetic damage to some body Tupperware. Thanks, but no thanks. A great experience if it's done on someone else's bike.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
I'm pretty used to the lnked brakes as it's been on every Wing I've owned. I used to compete in bike rodeos lots on the 1200 and used the foot pedal in the slow races and the obstacles constantly without a glitch. But I've never done the ride like a pro thing so I can't comment on what the challenges are in it. As the pedal also actuates the fornt brake, I'm sure under heavy brake pressure and tight corners, there would be some necessary getting used to. At full handlebar lock turns, some 'fall in' would likely occur.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts