Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A bad back is forcing me to sell my Kwik Kamp pop up camping trailer. I have pulled this ultra lightweight behind my GL1500 for quite a few years. It is still in perfect condition. Sleeps two in comfort. Dressing area allows a 6'5" adult to stand. Large storage area of 17 cu. ft. High quality material with heavy duty zippers on convenient split double flaps and enhanced ventilation control. Aircraft Aluminum frame with Torsion arm suspension. Swivel hitch, reinforced fiberglass box, one large double and two screened windows on each side, leveling jacks, lockable storage access from inside as well as outside, fire retardant, mildew resistant, water proofed, front bra, cooler cover for 54 qt. size cooler, spare tire. Porch or awning can be added anytime. All 3 tires look like brand new rubber. You can't see any wear at all. When empty, this trailer tongue can be lifted by two fingers. PULLS VERY SMOOTHLY AND EASILY BEHIND MY GOLDWING. MUST SELL DUE TO HEALTH! 775-787-3342 $1,995 OBO

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Some pics may perk someone's interest..

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Nice tralier and good looking Wing. Good luck on the sale..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your kind words are appreciated.

Thank you to all for your good wishes and nice comments. I accidentally stumbled upon this great website and thought I would try to get a little more exposure for my trailer. My wing is also for sale as I can't ride anymore but I think I have a buyer coming from San Jose today to hopefully purchase it. I have been riding motorcycles (all right, the first one was just a scooter) since I was 12 back in 1960 when my dad bought a Honda 50 with seat tank and centrifugal clutch.
My first Goldwing was a 1979 which I absolutely loved. Then I moved up to a GL1200 with a beautiful blue paint job and floor boards. My current love was the first one I bought new, my 1999 GL1500. I used to love riding to "Four Corners" every spring and get a motel. I remember each morning waking up and going outside and looking around at the sky and wherever the thunder clouds were building; I went in the opposite direction, whether Colorado, southern Utah, northern New Mexico or northern Arizona. I enjoyed the years I spent as a member of GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders of America) I will carry those memories with me all the rest of my life. No that I'm 63 and can no longer ride or go camping, I know God has something different in mind for me for this next chapter of my life. I love motorcycles and the Goldwing riders I came into contact with. I never met anybody on the road, whether they were Hell's Angels, or husband & wife's on Goldwings, that weren't joined together in the common love of riding motorcycles and wonderful to meet and talk with.
Good luck and God's blessing to all of your members and may your rides always be safe and enjoyable.

Humble Harv ( Harvey L. Hicks

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Man my mother in law would fit in there real nice

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
We already have a Kwik Kamp, and really like it.Best of luck on the Sale.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Ron Robertson for the endorsement on Kwik Kamp Trailers

My beautiful Goldwing sold yesterday and now I have to sell my wonderful motorcycle camping trailer. Like Ron said, I loved mine also but my health just will not allow me to ever ride or camp again.:(

Now I have to find a happy home for my Kwik Kamp trailer. Ron, do you think I am priced correctly at $1,995? I paid $2,900 for it just a few years ago.

Thanks for your input. :D

Humble Harv

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I would say between $1500 and $2000. If it's in really good shape close to what you are asking.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
My beautiful Goldwing sold yesterday and now I have to sell my wonderful motorcycle camping trailer. Like Ron said, I loved mine also but my health just will not allow me to ever ride or camp again.:(

Now I have to find a happy home for my Kwik Kamp trailer. Ron, do you think I am priced correctly at $1,995? I paid $2,900 for it just a few years ago.

Thanks for your input. :D

Humble Harv
wow Harv so sorry to hear you cant ride no more , but please stick around the forums and keep in touch with us , maybe just a little bit it will feel like your still riding , god bless you sir

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Humble Harv, sorry you are not able to ride or camp any more. I'm sure it must be difficult to give up what you really liked doing. Perhaps things will change health wise in the future and you will be able to get back on 2 wheels. Until then be safe and stay in touch on the forum...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for your kind words Gordo

I appreciate this forum as it sort of gives everyone a kindred spirit connection.
I think I might try riding a four wheeler on the dirt here locally. I have balance issues so I have to stay away from two wheelers. I wonder if my back will tolerate the bumpy ride of a dirt road/trail? I also like the idea of some ATVs having a snow plow mounted and might be useful come winter.

Blessings,
Humble Harv

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I appreciate this forum as it sort of gives everyone a kindred spirit connection.
I think I might try riding a four wheeler on the dirt here locally. I have balance issues so I have to stay away from two wheelers. I wonder if my back will tolerate the bumpy ride of a dirt road/trail? I also like the idea of some ATVs having a snow plow mounted and might be useful come winter.

Blessings,
Humble Harv

what about a trike?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts