Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 and noticed the lights flicker / dim when I hit the brakes. It is only noticable a nite natually. I have driving lights installed and run them all the time. Other then that I am all stock on lights. Does anyone else notice the head lights change when the brakes are aplied. I am talking about a slight change not even worried about fixing it just wondering if your bikes do it. The local dealer whom I trust very much says they all do it.. No worry's.. There are alot of tail lights..

As far as I know this is the stock battery is 6 years old to much for them. Gives me no sign of failure but hate to be left stuck what should I replace it with. I heard new gels out there.Any suggestions.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I've never noticed the flicker on my bike, but I haven't really looked for it either (of course I'll be looking now) nor have I heard anything from my customers or other dealers. Things that make you go hmmmm.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
I've not noticed a problem with my 09, but you might want to think about replacing the battery, especially if it is the original factory one. 6 years on a original is good and perhaps stretching it to it's limit of serviceability. JMHO.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
A new battery will be a big help. Dirty or loose grounds.
I've had Yuasa, Deka, Interstate and now I have a Compufire battery (Purchased the package for my 1500).
I've had good luck with Deka.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts