Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a Kisan 25 LED on the inside of the trunk for the top light bar.
I put a Backoff XP inside The trunk for The trunk taillights, now I feel better for being seen at a stop or stopping. I used Mode 1 for the backoff always flashes when brakes on.

Here is a video of what it looks like.

http://youtu.be/vo9OJPJban8

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts
Now that's a well lit Wing...:D

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Yup if somebody runs into you it was no accident.:eek: They were out to get you.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
The myopic tendencies of Oscar and Mini Grope and their belchfire Buicks will never cease to astound. That new light set-up should help though.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I’m not suggesting anyone not put more lights on their bikes if they want to. What’s a little odd about the idea that more lights saves lives or rear-end collisions, there are folks that have had lots of lights on their bikes that have been rear-ended. I have yet to hear anyone say that they avoided running into someone because there were more lights on their motorcycle. Are there statistic one way or the other?

I guess the important thing here is, if it gives you peace of mind then go for it.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I am a firm believer that more lights, especially flashing lights, are safer. Why ? I knew you would ask, so here it is! Flashing lights get attention and helps to establish distance, such as the use on emergency vehicles of all kinds, tower lights, etc! Stationary lights blend -in too easily especially in heavy traffic or in a skyline with lots of light in the background. I will put my money and safety on back-off lights anyday ! Yes, I know accidents will still happen, but you can't discount the human factor in anything, but flashing light does get attention and if you don't believe it get caught speeding and see if they get your attention. I bet if your looking at 10 stationary lights and 1 blinks you will notice the blinking light immediately, if not your blind, asleep, distracted or stupid !

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
On my 93 Aspencade, besides the OEM lights I have a lighted trunk spoiler, Lighted License plate frame and two Hipper Bright LED set ups that each have 6 LEDs these are all set up to work as running and brake lights.I have no stats about them making me any safer, But have had other riders tell me they really notice when I apply the brakes. Hopefully cage driver notice also.
The spoiler and license plate is also hooked up to the back off modulator.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
On my 93 Aspencade, besides the OEM lights I have a lighted trunk spoiler, Lighted License plate frame and two Hipper Bright LED set ups that each have 6 LEDs these are all set up to work as running and brake lights.I have no stats about them making me any safer, But have had other riders tell me they really notice when I apply the brakes. Hopefully cage driver notice also.
The spoiler and license plate is also hooked up to the back off modulator.
As is mine! I have had people comment on mine also.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:)Drbuzzard,
You trying to cost me more money?

I really did not add any lights to the back of my wing,they were all ready there ,I just made them flash.

I did add the Iron Butt tag.

That is pretty though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.