Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Got a bit of a problem with my lights, I picked the bike up from the garage after its yearly MOT and when I started it up I had no side lights on main beam, I've checked the fuse and all looks ok there, checked the switch thats ok, so now I'm stumped as to where to look, the bike is a 1991 1500 GL.

cheers:(:(

·
Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
Take it back to the shop if they were working prior to them doing the service. They probably disconnected them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

It wasn't a service, just its annual road check and they didn't touch any lighting wires
(or so they say)

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
It could be a relay, I'm not too sure on this one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Cantankerous

Any idea where they hide the relay for the lights? I don't have a manual for the bike

Cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Relay No3

Hi all

Anyone know where relay No3 is located ?

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
Left side of bike (if sitting on it) under the side cover (the one with 'Goldwing on it)along side the fuse box.

·
Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
Hi Cantankerous

Any idea where they hide the relay for the lights? I don't have a manual for the bike

Cheers
The fuse panel and the relays are behind the left side cover. It appears to be fuse #7, Relay #3. I don't have a manual that actually covers 1991, but I don't see them changing that much to 1993.

·
Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
As your looking at the Fuse/Relay Box it is the third from the left on the top row.

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
Relay box is on the left side partly under the saddle bag. Top row on the last one on the right right.
To make it a little easier to get at. Loosen all the bolts hold the saddle bag in place. This will give some wiggle room to get at the relay box. I unbolt the box and pull it out from behind the saddle bag. makes it a lot easier to work with.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Cantankerous I give it a go

1 - 12 of 12 Posts