Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried thebHarbor freight motorcycle 1000 pound lift table? Is the thousand pound limitation because of the construction of the unit, or because of the bottle jack that lifts it? Just wondered if anybody had tried one with a gold wing and whether it’s worth the 350 bucks to get one

·
Registered
227 Posts
I use mine all the time and love it. Well worth the money. Make sure you get a $299.00 coupon that is out there all the time.

The weight limit is due to the bottle jack that lifts it. Also get one of their wheel chocks to replace the one that comes with it. The replacement is much more stable. If you have the room, you just leave it bolted to the lift. If not, just unbolt it. I store my lift on it's side leaning against the garage wall.

If you want to ride your wing on and off, make some side extensions. This will give you room for your feet to keep the bike stable. There is not much room without them.

I even use the lift with my snowmobiles. I just use a scissor lift to hold the front up. I also use the scissor lift under the front of the wing when I am working on the front wheel.

If you only use it a few times a year and storage space and funds are limited, it can't be beat. Yes, there are better jacks out there, but for the price, it works great.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts