Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a rack and bag (either a Pakit Rack system or the Rivco equivalent) and I've seen some that look like they prevent viewing of the license plate when they are installed.

Is this an issue that a LEO could write me up over? Has it happened to you and in what state(s) did it occur?

Thanks in advance,

Rapier

·
Super Moderator
28,443 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Well, it does obscure the license plate from view, but we do ride Honda Goldwings after all, and you meet the nicest people... Unless you were doing some pretty ridiculous speeds I doubt you'd have too much of an issue. You could always make a copy of your tag and stick it to the tail bag somehow. I really don't know what to say beyond that.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I have a cooler rack for the receiver hitch on my 1500. Put on thousands of miles with it on never had a problem. In 2006 I got stopped in Lovell, Wyoming doing 44 in a 35 zone, had the cooler rack on, the officer never mentioned it and I never even thought about till now.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
52 Posts
While covering the license plate is illegal, like was previously stated, you are on a Goldwing and as long as you are decent to the LEO if you were pulled over, I highly doubt you would receive a ticket. Don't start the conversation with, " What's the problem" or "Why did you stop me?"

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the same view so what i done was construct a small number plate with the corresponding numbers to the bike ( dhaaa) and bolted it to my rat-pack and i haven't been pulled up once once.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It is illegal to have you plate blocked. Why push it?
Add a small piece of L shaped aluminum to the rack and transfer the plate when you use the rack.
Also, you have to remove the rear reflex-open up the hole in the fender for the pakit rak draw bar to mount into the bracket.
The Revco curves under the fender-no grinder needed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts