Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a trailer for my 2004 Honda Goldwing that had a holder for a large license plate. The plate I received from the DMV was a small motorcycle sized plate. Does anyone know where I can get an adaptor to allow me to attach the smaller plate to the larger plate holder. Any details you can provide about where to order would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and attention. Have a great day !!!

·
Super Moderator
9,810 Posts

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. WingStuff has some motorcycle license plate frames, but I am not sure if that is what you need.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you're handy, go to Lowes and purchase a sheet of thin aluminum. Cut it into an adapter the shape of an actual license plate that you can drill some holes in to mount the plate to, and that will mount to the trailer. Paint it to match the trailer and trim the edges with an actual license plate frame, if desired.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

I've not seen a small trailer plate before. What state? Usually the trailer plate bracket is just bolted on, often using the trailer light mounting bolts. Simple to remove. In some case, you can then just bolt the plate directly to the trailer.

Or, you could buy an original plate bracket for the Goldwing. It will bolt to the trailer and of course has slots to match the motorcycle sized license plate; 84700-MCA-S40. It shows as item 13 here:

Parts Finder Honda Direct Line St. Clairsville, OH (740) 676-4722

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you're handy, go to Lowes and purchase a sheet of thin aluminum. Cut it into an adapter the shape of an actual license plate that you can drill some holes in to mount the plate to, and that will mount to the trailer. Paint it to match the trailer and trim the edges with an actual license plate frame, if desired.
Or just go out and borrow the closest street sign. Technically, you already paid for it!🥵

·
Registered
410 Posts
Go To Lowes and purchase a 1"x5'x1/8" piece of aluminum. Cut a strip from it to fit your needs and then drill a couple 1/4" holes to mount the small lic. plate to the larger lic. frame. I am always making mount adapters using the aluminum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts