Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I took alittle run over to Oklahoma, then Texas, and back through Shreveport, LA, and back up to Guy,Arkansas. Nice little trip, except for the heat. This was the first time out with the new Baker Built Leg Wings, verdict.........GET SOME! They do a fantastic job of keeping road heat off your lower legs for both the rider and the co-rider. I would be willing to bet they will do a great job this winter of keeping wind chill off also. They install in minutes to the front crash bar. Easy enough I could do it. Not all things live up to their billing but these do. GET YOU SOME!

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Have them on my 09 and love them. Well worth the $$.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a set of baker built wings, the 'full monty' and love the leg wings. They do the job of keeping the radiator heat off your calfs in the summer. That in conjunction with the wind wing lowers they keep all the radiator heat off of you. Plus in the winter, they also help keep the cold air off you as well.

They are well worth it. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
As wings is the subject, I see wings for the side of the windshield and wings that clip to the mirrors.

Which one does what for who?

Sorry Marsvette, for spinning your thread but it's gonna get cold soon so I will look at these too!

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
As wings is the subject, I see wings for the side of the windshield and wings that clip to the mirrors.

Which one does what for who?

Sorry Marsvette, for spinning your thread but it's gonna get cold soon so I will look at these too!
As daveo said the Hand wings( mirror mount ) are a must for all riding seasons. In the heat of summer they will direct the wind across your thighs and lower body.The next best thing to air conditioning is air flowing. The passenger my suffer a bit from the turbulence in the warm season for this, but benefit from the air pocket in the closed position. I keep mine " closed " when Mz. Vickie rides regardless of the temp as she is more comfortable with the air flow.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bought a full set of Baker wings at Wing Ding this year...

Installed them...Love the mirror wings and the radiator louver wings...:)

I have the leg wings but not sure if they do anything...:confused:

Maybe I need to remove them and ride to see the difference.....I do know one thing...they definitely deflect the bugs....

Safe Ride..

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I bought a full set of Baker wings at Wing Ding this year...

Installed them...Love the mirror wings and the radiator louver wings...:)

I have the leg wings but not sure if they do anything...:confused:

Maybe I need to remove them and ride to see the difference.....I do know one thing...they definitely deflect the bugs....

Safe Ride..
Hey Mark. Are these the radiator wings I posted a picture of a few comments below? If so, do they interfere with your legs on the highway pegs ( assuming you have highway pegs ) ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Baker Leg wings, seem to attatch to the engine crash bars, this puts them in front of the radiator outlets, so do they really keep heat of your legs? I would think the heat would still come out the radiator opening and onto your legs? at $50 the leg wings are not very expensive (although they don't look very pretty in the pictures) but was wondering if I am looking at the right product before purchasing?

Regards Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts