Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Gold Wing DCT
140 Posts
This the only Goldwing forum that I am a member of but I do peruse the other ones as well. I don't see a lot of new posts anymore. So...that being said, I'll start one.

Has anyone purchased motorcycle specific boots that were comfortable right out of the box? Seems like any I try on are super stiff and very difficult to walk in. I realize a break in period is necessary but has anyone had luck with comfort right away?

I wear hiking boots right now and even they are not really comfortable to walk in since they are over the ankle.

I have tried mostly the brands they have at Cycle Gear (because I can actually try them on) but am reluctant to order any without fitting them.

Your thoughts?
I'm a lifelong cowboy boot wearer and I seem to recall back maybe 40 or so years ago when I'd get a new pair of less expensive boots, typically in the less than $300 range I'd take a bar of saddle soap and work the soap into the leather real good and that would usually soften up the new tight and stiff leather. I often though would buy hand made calf skin made boots that cost a good bit more, usually starting out at about $600 to $1200 range and even higher sometimes and I wouldn't have this problem. Maybe someone can speak more to the saddle soap relief or similar ways to soften stiff leather. Just my 2 cents worth since you asked.

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
2021 Gold Wing DCT
140 Posts
Can't speak to the saddle soap, but to stretch and loosen my leather riding gloves I use rubbing alcohol, as it doesn't leave a slippery residue like neatsfoot oil or saddle soap.
Well saddle soap was what the cowboys of yonder years, the real cowboys that is used to help soften the leather of a new saddle or one that had grown old and brittle and became kind of hardened from the elements. It's just one method and it does work, I know from personal experience but some find it a bit too much work for them. To each their own.

Reactions: Luv2fish
1 - 2 of 2 Posts