Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that my last ride was too short and too wet so we're going to take another trip to the dragon next month.

Thought I would let everyone else know about it just in case someone else has the itch. Hint, hint Ralph.
We are planning to stay at Deal's Gap for 2 days and then stay Monday night at Gatlinburg and return home on Tuesday.

We had a ball meeting Rigginray and Erika and summer will be over before ya know it so what say you?

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
I have to check but I think I can make that happen........Not the whole weekend but prob Sunday...I am excited :D

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to check but I think I can make that happen........Not the whole weekend but prob Sunday...I am excited :D
Awesome :D:D:D:D

We'll have cold drinks and a place to kick up our heels between rides.

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
This sounds like a great idea. If I'm free you may see me there. I have trouble making plans this time of year. If work would quit interfering with my life everything would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bump

last week to decide to join in.

Next week end we're at the dragon.

Who knows when you will have a chance to meet someone important. (ralphhumor, that is)

·
Premium Member
23,768 Posts
You know I would be there if I could. I'm going down to Lynchburg on the 6th for just the day to a Southern Cruisers " weekend " rally. Bummer!!!!! Any members not riding that weekend who could fill in for me as a surrogate husband ? I have lawn service so no yard work would be required.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I wish I could make it!!! Life has dealt its abnormal blows again. Mom has stage 4 cancer and is ready to go within the next couple of weeks, have fun guys and be safe!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I could make it!!! Life has dealt its abnormal blows again. Mom has stage 4 cancer and is ready to go within the next couple of weeks, have fun guys and be safe!!!!
Really sorry to hear about this Ray. You take care and take it a day at a time.

·
Super Moderator
11,788 Posts
If I had anybody to ride over there with, I'd love to come, as my vacation starts on the third.

Very sorry to hear that Ray. My prayers for you.

·
Super Moderator
14,412 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your Mother. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
1st annual Smokey Mountain Ride was a huge success

Hey gang,

just got back and a little toasty from the heat so cooling off with my favorite beverage.

Got to meet Mr. and Mrs. Ralphumor and I gotta go on record that I am not too sure about who is Ralph but they are both a lot fun to be around.

I actually met them twice. We didn't speak the first time we met as there was a difference of about 90 mph (he was going 65 and I, 25). We pretty much knew I was in the town where they were staying and they were at the hotel where we were staying. But no phone service to verify it . We both left about the same time and met on the road 1/2 way between. I told Karen that the black 1800 was probably them as he was saying the same about us. :D

We finally got to introduce ourselves and had a great time. This sounds like a redneck joke but no kidding, we sat and ate deep fried oreos after dinner. (I know, I know, I waited for the others but it was great). Mrs. Humor's only comment was, "have they thought of trying double stuff'? lolololololol.

I will post some pix later. (yes sir, Red Baron, they will be web sized, digitized and pasturized) ---(not really).

Maybe the coolest thing we saw was a bike race Saturday night. I will make a separate post for this- it is way to cool not to share. 5 adults on honda 50cc bikes racing. I have a video of them practicing before dark. Good god, 0 to 60 in no time. They make U turns I guess under 6 feet. One took his on the dragon and passed a Ducati like he was sitting still. (it's all about speed in the curves and these things fly. I got the details of how to build one so I have project for the winter. Yahooo.................

At the first annual meeting, our President, "Ralph" suggested we do this again but work with RigginRay's schedule so our 'Entertainment Director' would be present at the next ride. It was seconded by the other Ralph and voted unanimously by the rest.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
You are correct sir, it was wonderful. Its funny how we managed to still meet without cell phone service. I can only find one thing negetive to say. The time was to short. Workin folks like all of us have limited time an resources so lets try to start plannin another forum get together for next year or so. Three days two nights would be nice. It dosent have to be in the Smokies. Its hard to beat the area for roads,views and motorcycle friendly business.
It is cool to meet folks with the same passion for ridding that I have. It is great to know that other interest are shared as well :D
Love2ride is looking for a remote to put on his wing key chain. No it doesnt have to work or be new. He just needs it to boost his coolness :cool: ha ha!
If anyone can help...I hope I have helped sir!
As far as double stuffed the wife is a foos net work junkie an fellas she can cook!

·
Premium Member
23,768 Posts
This thought crossed my mind as I reached Lynchburg, VA on Saturday: Winston-Salem is only another 150 miles more. I was halfway there but the day was half over.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
This thought crossed my mind as I reached Lynchburg, VA on Saturday: Winston-Salem is only another 150 miles more. I was halfway there but the day was half over.
Looks like we have a person ready foe the second annual meetin in the Smokies. Start lookin at that calander.
Hey Love2ride is that 129 slayer pics? They are really good.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like we have a person ready foe the second annual meetin in the Smokies. Start lookin at that calander.
Hey Love2ride is that 129 slayer pics? They are really good.
there are 3 different companies posting pix. I get 2 confused they are so close in name.
Killboy is just now starting to post weekend pix.
These were us129 photos. 129 slayer looked almost identical so I didn't get any othem them.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Remake of the Titanic

Hey Ralph, the Killboy pictures finally got posted. I had to get this one.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts