Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got a call from the adjuster today, looks like the bike will be totalled after having the accident on April the 3rd. Now its down to haggling over a $ettlement, of course the bike means so much more to me than them, $$ will never replace the experience. Have been making list of accessories and add ons, fortunately there is coverage on that stuff, but only 80% of value. Then there's what to do about another bike, another 15, move up to the 18 or wait for that ever anticipated "new" wing. Man am I bummed! :(
Ride Safe everyone!

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Wacker, you may be bummed, but thank God your not laying in a hospital bed. Anyone who walks away from a motorcycle accident needs to count their blessings. Things and blings can be replaced but people can't. This may be a blessing in disguise. Think of it as a "blank slate" and figure what you want in a bike and go from there. Lots of good used Wings out there for sale and one may be calling your name as we speak. Good luck and Ride safe....

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I have to agree with Two Wheel on this as well. You get a fresh piece of canvas to paint however you wish. If you're getting 80% of your add-ons back from your insurance, that's a heckuvalot better than you'd get for them on a trade in value. Don't know about down there, but the 12's up here are so rare they'll be almost non-existant. My DSM has already told me not to even try to sell one since I can't have one anyway. There are such great deals on 10's now that you'd almost have to be crazy to want or consider a 12. Then there is always the used market to explore. whatever you do, go for a test ride on an 1800 first, 2 up if possible; there's some pretty big differences in fit/feel between the 1500 and 1800 models.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I missed something: bike, insurance, totalled ? I've been out of the loop here in Phoenix. Excuse me, I have some back tracking to do.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know how to link to the original thread, "NEW" Bushtec, but the short version is this. Went to IL to pick up my newly painted Bushtec trailer on 4/2, very high winds for the ride home 4/3, literally got blown off the road, bike crashed, I'm recovering with only 4 broken ribs, spent 2 days in hospital, bike is now totalled (estimate is $11,600) but the trailer has only a few scratches.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Don't know how to link to the original thread, "NEW" Bushtec, but the short version is this. Went to IL to pick up my newly painted Bushtec trailer on 4/2, very high winds for the ride home 4/3, literally got blown off the road, bike crashed, I'm recovering with only 4 broken ribs, spent 2 days in hospital, bike is now totalled (estimate is $11,600) but the trailer has only a few scratches.
Holy Shat. " Only " four broken ribs ? You one tough son of a gun !!!!!! I never would have looked under a Bushtec thread for this rather significant event.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What the fk are you bitching about, get on the ball and fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.