Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 Aspencade, that the PO put a brown pouch on the left pocket on the fairing. Everything else on the bike is black. Is there anyone out there with a black one they will sell? or trade? I have been looking on line for one, but have found only black with a clear pocket on top. Not really happy with that one from Wing Stuff.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Can you hit it with some black vinyl spray paint? I had a pad on the back of a trunk box on a different motorcycle and I bought some vinyl upholstery spray paint and it worked great. I paid $6.00 at Amazon.com for it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you hit it with some black vinyl spray paint? I had a pad on the back of a trunk box on a different motorcycle and I bought some vinyl upholstery spray paint and it worked great. I paid $6.00 at Amazon.com for it.
Now that shows my ignorance. lol Did not know there was such a thing as vinyl upholstery spray paint. But that would take care of the situation. Thank Larry, appreciate that. I will look for some.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
I would use some conditioner on it first, as the vinyl paint will tend to flake off when flexed.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
No, actually it's a prep spray or wipe, to make the color spray adhere better. If you go to a paint store, they will know what you need.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could always do 1 of these 2 ideas Jack.

1st is OEM & is $25. so it would be Black & new

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_secti...ry=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=1996&fveh=3460

2nd replaces the vynil one, gives you another lockable space, is black, & is $46.

http://wingstuff.com/products/2517-left-hand-locking-hard-storage-lid

Just some more ideas & don't have to deal with paint.
Thanks Fossil, I am looking at this. Have made contact with the dealer. Thanks again

·
Registered
186 Posts
I used fab/vinyl paint worked fine from auto zone 6 bucks by dupla color also did my fab seat from red to black lasted till I got a new seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.