Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help with my fathers 1800. He has a 2004, and recently upgraded all the lights to LED. He used ShowChrome brand lights for the front and rear turn signals, and the brake/tail lights. After installation, he had a fast blink, so we installed a load equalizer, which fixed the problem. Everything was fine for 2-3K Miles, then tonight, when he was riding back home from helping me work on my Valkyrie, when he put on the right turn signal, BOTH signals blinked. I am thinking it is a ground issue, but wanted to get a little bit of feedback about other possible places to check.
Thanks in advance!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,639 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You may have lost the diode in load equalizer that prevents the power from feeding to the turn signal that is supposed to be off.

·
Super Moderator
15,124 Posts
You may have lost the diode in load equalizer that prevents the power from feeding to the turn signal that is supposed to be off.
hello jason, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, are load equalizers prone to failure? The worst part is that we mounted the equalizer under the seat, so its not exactly easy to get to. Since the lights and equalizer are brand new, I will be really disappointed if the equalizer has failed...
Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
I would think it's either the equalizer or a bad ground.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You can always ground the green wire at the light to check your ground but I am leaning toward the equalizer as we have installed a number of them and also the conversion box for trucks with seperate turn and brake lights to run one bulb on the trailer and they fail causing both lights to blink!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts