Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride in the a dark part of Northeastern Pennsylvania, many small and large critters roaming around while riding to and from work. Trying to decide between the halogen or xenon type light or the new LED light for the lower fairing on the 08 Wing. Any insight on which is brighter and lights up the most road surface to the left and right?

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
the word around is that halogens give you more light, and LED's make you more visible to others. I'm going with the LED's myself when the $$ permits.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I went with the LED's but I bought Original HONDA brand on Ebay for less the SHOW CHROME halogens were going for. Basically I lucked out. I was going that route anyway due to the fact they use very little voltage and won't tax the charging system.

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
I bought the Honda LED's and had the dealer install them when I bought the bike. I like that they are bright and the drain is much less and the bulbs do not have to be replaced as frequently as the halogen. There are a number of other brands out there as well which may be less costly. Good luck and ride safe..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts