Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 1500 red, thinking about led lighting. Looking mostly for legal, red and amber.

maybe some multi colored too

Really like to dress it up nice. I want a big effect going down the road.

any thoughts on products or placement?

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Red can only be used on the rear of the bike and amber can be placed anywhere.
Lights can be placed under the saddlebags, trunk, ring of fire on front rotor covers (amber/amber), in the side vents. If your Wing has a clear winshield, you can put LED's on the bottom and they create a 'Fiber Optic' effect around the edges. You can get 'Angel Eyes' for the rear speaker boxes in red, white or blue. You will also need a switch box to turn the lights on and off and a fuse block for safety.
You can get the Lizard Lights from Kuryakyn and they change through seven different colors and they have a controller.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
FFMick, welcome to the forum from Pa. Where do you call home? Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Red can only be used on the rear of the bike and amber can be placed anywhere.
Lights can be placed under the saddlebags, trunk, ring of fire on front rotor covers (amber/amber), in the side vents. If your Wing has a clear winshield, you can put LED's on the bottom and they create a 'Fiber Optic' effect around the edges. You can get 'Angel Eyes' for the rear speaker boxes in red, white or blue. You will also need a switch box to turn the lights on and off and a fuse block for safety.
You can get the Lizard Lights from Kuryakyn and they change through seven different colors and they have a controller.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z51OjCIdBIo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61dvRWaORjY&feature=related
I noticed that these bikes are all sitting still. So it begs the question: " Is it legal to DRIVE down the road at night with all these lights going?" OR are they just for show when sitting still at a gathering or show? It's for sure a light show. Just wondering. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Most of the lights that flash to music, change color or pattern are used on non-moving bikes and trikes. If you ride on the road these lights must be steady on. I had a set of purple LED's that did all these patterns and in order to use them at night they had to be in a non-flashing mode.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Thanks Trike Lady....I kinda figured as much. I can see where they would have their place and show time is one of them. The Law is kinda funny about stuff like that around here. Got stopped once about lights on my trailer blinking but was just a bad trailer connection to gnd. Those lights are pretty though. However, didn't see a trike there so where is yours? :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lights...

In NH, the law says you can have as many lights on a vehicle that you want; but, they all have to work. When they see a space between the lights here; they will pull you over and write you a ticket.

Open question:

How is the law in this regard in your state?

·
Registered
62 Posts
in vt cant have any blue lights at all, got a friend had some on his harleygot a ticket. i drive truck in ny got a warning for green lights on my truck, cop said they were for emt only. have to check with your state to see what is legal and not. ride safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts