Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this cool story about LED lighting for bicycles. Interesting that this lighting is powered by a watch battery. Makes me want to add some more lighting to my 1500. What kinds of aftermarket lighting have you guys installed so you can bscene?

LED Handle Bars Illuminate Bike Safety
DISCOVERY NEWS | MARCH 31, 2012
http://pulse.me/s/7BT0E

When it comes to bike safety, there is no shortage of illuminating reflectors,... Read more

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
I install some LED at the bottom of the Windshield hat light the outer edge, looks really cool at night. It does not interfere with looking through the windshield. Also a couple red LED strips the shine on the muffles, some amber LEDS around the bottom of the fork tunnel. The ring of fire on the front rotors.plus a few more here and there.

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Forgot to mention the red LEDs at the bottom of the windshield also light up the two eagle I just etched into the windshield. Looks pretty cool

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention the red LEDs at the bottom of the windshield also light up the two eagle I just etched into the windshield. Looks pretty cool
Got any pics Ron?

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
dan i have the amber ring of fire and the led front fender lights on the 1500 wing. i replaced the rear center reflector with the stop / tail light and i have the chrome license plate filler with the led lights. i have had several drivers tell me that their lights reflecting off the chrome helmet extensiond cought their eye

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Got any pics Ron?
Dan,
I took these in the shop this morning. the effect is better outside.
The LEDs on the bottom of the windshield do not show up as much on my new F-4 windshield, it does not have a polished edge. Going to have to fix that.2 is the effect on the etched eagles.3.is the ground effect of the lights on the muffles.4. the effect of the lights around the fork tunnel.
It all look way better outside at night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Ron you got talent sir

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good Ron. Did you upgrade your alternator to a high amp or is this led lighting low amperage? Did you do this work yourself?

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Looks good Ron. Did you upgrade your alternator to a high amp or is this led lighting low amperage? Did you do this work yourself?
I did put a compufire Alternator. Mostly because the stock one is kind of wimpy and when I started putting the lights on you could get LED for most of the stuff, and I do pull a small cargo trailer or a pop up tent trailer.
Yup I done it all, enjoy tinkering on the bike

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I did put a compufire Alternator. Mostly because the stock one is kind of wimpy and when I started putting the lights on you could get LED for most of the stuff, and I do pull a small cargo trailer or a pop up tent trailer.
Yup I done it all, enjoy tinkering on the bike
Ron, if you weren't a mere 2,000 miles away I'd be hanging out at your garage hoping for some pointers and/or help on lighting up my ride.

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Ron, if you weren't a mere 2,000 miles away I'd be hanging out at your garage hoping for some pointers and/or help on lighting up my ride.
I'd be glad to give you a hand. I think the 1800 has a lot stronger Alternator plus most of the lighting for the 1800 are LEDs, .

·
Premium Member
6,409 Posts
Very cool Ron....I like the idea of the windshield lights!

Mark

·
Registered
859 Posts
Have over 2000 leds on mine!! 1800 comes with either a 80 or 90 amp alternator. You can upgrade to a 140 or 180 but leds pull almost no amperage and have not had a problem with mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts