Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install some LED strips around my bike....2015 F6B.
Where to start?
Where should I install the switch? What kind?
Where is the module to connect this switch to power?
Thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
The switch can be mounted almost anywhere. You may want to put it in a inconspicuous place. Just make sure you pick up a waterproof/weatherproof switch. You can find these at most marine dealers. Use only waterproof LED strips.
As far as power, the best way is to add a separate fuse block connected to the battery and triggered by the AUX terminal on the bikes fuse box. Or if you want to be able to turn on the lights without the key on, just connect it directly to the battery.
These fuse blocks have multiple fused outputs, so you can add other accessories.
Solder and waterproof all wire connections, not just electrical tape. You can probably find the waterproof heat shrink at the marine store.
I don't know the laws in Canada, but red and blue lights may be illegal, unless you do not turn them on while riding.

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The switch can be mounted almost anywhere. You may want to put it in a inconspicuous place. Just make sure you pick up a waterproof/weatherproof switch. You can find these at most marine dealers. Use only waterproof LED strips.
As far as power, the best way is to add a separate fuse block connected to the battery and triggered by the AUX terminal on the bikes fuse box. Or if you want to be able to turn on the lights without the key on, just connect it directly to the battery.
These fuse blocks have multiple fused outputs, so you can add other accessories.
Solder and waterproof all wire connections, not just electrical tape. You can probably find the waterproof heat shrink at the marine store.
I don't know the laws in Canada, but red and blue lights may be illegal, unless you do not turn them on while riding.
Thanks for detailed response.
I was able to hook up the LED to fog light lamp so all good and I have BLUE LED's... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts