Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lucked into a set of LED fog lights last week on Ebay. $168.00 with free shipping for factory Honda.
Well this afternoon I decided to install them. It took longer to take them out and mount them to the mounting brackets that came with them then to get them on the bike up and running. Simple is the word for it. The wiring harness is already on the bike. All you have to do is plug the switch and the lights into it. The instructions are very specific about were to zip tie loose wires and what needs taped. To make a long story short.....I LIKE EM!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I have the exact same lights on my 09 and I really like them. Very low drain on the electrical system and they show up very well during the day or at night.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought a 2010, and bought the halogen honda fog lights, and wasn't really worried about the power drain, as I don't have anything else draining the power than the stock lighting, and sound system. Should I worry? I haven't really used them yet, cause snow is still on the ground (but melting fast), and am just wondering if anyone had a problem. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I put on a set of Show Chrome halogen fog lights last weekend. Simple is exactly the right word for the install. Plug and Play. Instructions were a little vague in some spots but anyone can figure it out. Look really great in the basement. (The bike comes out next weekend weather permitting) They give you a choice of having the fog lights on when you are in either low beam or high beam mode. Just replace the supplied relay with the supplied prewired plug.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I've been thinking about the LED's as well. I'm not much for wiring/electrical but if they're that easy, it may just be the nudge I need to tip me over on them. Curious about the switch though. Don't you have to put the switch into the fairing?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Budoka, The switch is an easy one as well. If you pull the molding strip off of the left upper fairing you will see a 8mm allen head bolt. Remove that bolt and the switch housing will come out. The bolt holds the outside edge and there are tits on the inside that go into slots in the fairing. I was able to do mine without disconnecting any existing wiring. The are two small screws that hold the blanking plate in. Remove an save them. Pull out the blanking plate, insert the switch and replace the screws. Plug everything in and put the fairing back together. If you have to remove the pocket just push in the center pin of the 4 black clips. The pocket will come right out. Before you replace the pins remember to push the black pins so that they will secure themselves when you reinsert them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put on a set of Show Chrome halogen fog lights last weekend. Simple is exactly the right word for the install. Plug and Play. Instructions were a little vague in some spots but anyone can figure it out. Look really great in the basement. (The bike comes out next weekend weather permitting) They give you a choice of having the fog lights on when you are in either low beam or high beam mode. Just replace the supplied relay with the supplied prewired plug.
Sr71. I installed my Show Chrome lights last week and as you said it was quite simple. The hardest part was inserting the rubber grommets into the holes on the brackets.:mad::mad:
I had a little trouble getting the cowl back on. It seems to be sitting out a little too far from the mountings. I can't see anything caught between the frame and the cowl. :confused: The lights are also about 1/4" back from the opening in the cowl.
Did you notice anything like this?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Sure did. But I also noticed that a new 09 on my dealer's floor looked the same way. The hoses or wires that are just under the cowl, especially on the drivers may be holding the cowl out a little bit.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went for alittle short ride tonight to check out the new fog lights.
There is a big difference between low-beams and low-beams with fog lights. I would have to say led or halogen either one are dollar for dollar the best goodie you can add. SEE and BE SEEN
Now it's no secret how easy install is. 8mm socket, phillips screw driver, small amount black electrical tape, 1 cold Shiner Boch:eek:

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I lucked into a set of LED fog lights last week on Ebay. $168.00 with free shipping for factory Honda.
Well this afternoon I decided to install them. It took longer to take them out and mount them to the mounting brackets that came with them then to get them on the bike up and running. Simple is the word for it. The wiring harness is already on the bike. All you have to do is plug the switch and the lights into it. The instructions are very specific about were to zip tie loose wires and what needs taped. To make a long story short.....I LIKE EM!!!
What is the name of them.I need to watch EBay more often.
Concrats on the lights

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Honda LED Foglamp kit p/n 08V31-MCA300E (Canadian part #). Darn things are $400+ up here!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I question my battery!

I just bought a 2010, and bought the halogen honda fog lights, and wasn't really worried about the power drain, as I don't have anything else draining the power than the stock lighting, and sound system. Should I worry? I haven't really used them yet, cause snow is still on the ground (but melting fast), and am just wondering if anyone had a problem. Thanks...
I bought my gl jan 22..4 nights ago i was working in my garage and decided to listen to the radio on the bike for awhile....(about 2 hrs.)the next day i went to start it and,completely dead!!!cheap factory part,i suppose.Very unlike honda to use cheap in their top o'the line flagship!!!then again how much can i expect for 25K?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts