Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

When I purchased my '08, the previous owner had installed a Corbin "Master Type" seat. Although the seat lacks adequate padding (IMHO), it fits me like a glove and with the addition of a gel pad, it's still very comfortable.

Corbin recommends using their "Saddle Care 101" conditioner to maintain the leather. They advise against conditioners that contain petroleum or solvents. Can anyone recommend a quality leather conditioner for use on motorcycle seats?

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... Saddle Soap Is My Choice ... I Still Have My Little League Glove I Got At 10 And Used Only Saddle Soap And To This Day It Is Still Supple ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have a Corbin seat on my 2000SE, I've been using a product from Meguires(sp) "motorcycle leather care". As long as it doesn't contain petroleum products, you should be OK. The Corbin seat has a "love it or hate it" reputation. The seat isn't built for softness, but rather support, I agonized over buying the Corbin and replaced my modified stock saddle at 104,000 and now have close to 109,000mi, it took some break in time, but find it quite comfortable now. At this point I wonder how I did without.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts