Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Gl1100 (1981) Is Leaking Coolant On The Garage Floor. Appears To Be Coming From Middle Of Radiator In About Three Places. I Am Sure Some Of The Radiator Tubes Are Leaking. What Is The Best Thing To Do In This Case. Are There Aftermarket Radiators Available,,, Can The Radiators Be Repaired..or Is It Possible To Buy Good Used Radiator,,
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF nutckergoldwing, you could take your radiator to a repair shop and see what they can do for you or you could get a used one

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
It might be hard to find a replacement, might check with a good shop to see if your's can be repaird.
You could also get out of the stone-age and get a newer bike!

·
Registered
135 Posts
My Gl1100 (1981) Is Leaking Coolant On The Garage Floor. Appears To Be Coming From Middle Of Radiator In About Three Places. I Am Sure Some Of The Radiator Tubes Are Leaking. What Is The Best Thing To Do In This Case. Are There Aftermarket Radiators Available,,, Can The Radiators Be Repaired..or Is It Possible To Buy Good Used Radiator,,
Thanks
A good radiator shop can proably build you a new one for just about the same as a used one from a wrecking yard--- get it out and take it to a pro and see what they can do for you --- if they cant help you, here in southern cal we have several good shops that can rebuild it for about $100.00

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Radator Leak

A good radiator shop can proably build you a new one for just about the same as a used one from a wrecking yard--- get it out and take it to a pro and see what they can do for you --- if they cant help you, here in southern cal we have several good shops that can rebuild it for about $100.00
THANKS SO-CAL,, CAN YOU GIVE ME THE NAME OF A REPAIR SHOP THAT REPAIRS RADIATORS IN CALIF. WE HAD SHOPS THAT REPAIRED RADIATORS IN ANCHORAGE SEVERAL YEARS AGO BUT THEY HAVE LONG SINCE GONE AWAY. NOT MUCH MARKET IN AK. FOR THEM. I WOULD MUCH RATHER PAY 100.00 TO REPAIR MINE THAN BUY ANOTHER LEAKER. THANKS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.