Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 GW NAV/comfort. Had pixels going out so I decided to replace NAV screen. NAV worked perfectly before replacement. First screen was from ebay at $312.00 serial # LQ065T9BR54U. After installing screen it was a white blank. Checked online was informed that i needed to replace it with the original serial# LQ065T9BR55U. Located one from China (Sharp Japan) Installed that one with the same result. I then decided to reinstall the original screen with the same results blank screen. I have tried several recommendations ie replace flasher fuse. I know I am not the only one with this problem, any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Hopefully Techdude2000 (sp) will chime in. I think you have to cut a pin or something of that nature to get the display to work.

·
Registered
2006 GL1800 Audio Comfort (Black), 2006 GL1800 Nav non-abs (White), 2007 GasGas EC300
33 Posts
There is a very good thread over on GL1800 forum about this topic. (Sorry for the cross post to another forum, but this is too technical for me to do it justice.) It is a long thread, but well worth your time to read through it. There are a couple of guys over there who figured out the issue and can assist.

In a nutshell, the issue sounds like you got a screen that was not actually the right one. It most likely fried a transistor in the main board which needs to be replaced. There is a mod that can be done to the cable that connects the new LCD screen to protect the main board and prevent the transistor from being damaged.

Reactions: Jinx

·
Registered
2012 gl1800
1,395 Posts
2008 GW NAV/comfort. Had pixels going out so I decided to replace NAV screen. NAV worked perfectly before replacement. First screen was from ebay at $312.00 serial # LQ065T9BR54U. After installing screen it was a white blank. Checked online was informed that i needed to replace it with the original serial# LQ065T9BR55U. Located one from China (Sharp Japan) Installed that one with the same result. I then decided to reinstall the original screen with the same results blank screen. I have tried several recommendations ie replace flasher fuse. I know I am not the only one with this problem, any help would be appreciated.
Never believe what you read on ebay. do more research. You will also find parts that fit all 2001-2017. Depending on what it is, it may or may not fit. Always match part numbers. Ebay is getting as bad as Craiglsit and FB marketplace.

·
Registered
2006 GL1800 Audio Comfort (Black), 2006 GL1800 Nav non-abs (White), 2007 GasGas EC300
33 Posts
Never believe what you read on ebay. do more research. You will also find parts that fit all 2001-2017. Depending on what it is, it may or may not fit. Always match part numbers. Ebay is getting as bad as Craiglsit and FB marketplace.
That is the problem, some of the LCD screens that people got had the correct part numbers on them (others didn't). But the part still damaged the main board.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to disable pin #19 on the flexible ribbon from what I've read from a previous forum. If you don't you will only get a blank screen. I hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts