Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Goldwing Trike with a early Califorina Sidecar trike kit I'm restoring to new and it wasn't ready for the trip so I took my 2003 VTX Trike to Houston from Arkansas. The round trip was 1172 miles and we did each segment in two days averaging about 260 miles each day. We stuck to 2 and 4 lane highways to avoid the freeways which Brenda doesn't feel comfotable on. We had a great trip and the weather was great and the traffic was very light except around Houston but it ended up being a great ride.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Some one had asked about a fender valance or skirt for their trike conversion, I don't remember which forum it was on. Was it you?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some one had asked about a fender valance or skirt for their trike conversion, I don't remember which forum it was on. Was it you?
Nope, When I had new tires put on the 1994 Goldwing Trike with the California Side Car kit with valanced fenders they had to lift the trike body off to put the tires on. So after spending $400 to get them put on I wouldn't want valanced fenders on another trike. Thank god you only need rear tires once every blue moon on the back but I do still have to worry about a flat rear tire in the middle of no where.

Art

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Nope, When I had new tires put on the 1994 Goldwing Trike with the California Side Car kit with valanced fenders they had to lift the trike body off to put the tires on. So after spending $400 to get them put on I wouldn't want valanced fenders on another trike. Thank god you only need rear tires once every blue moon on the back but I do still have to worry about a flat rear tire in the middle of no where.

Art
Thank you,
It had to be on another forum where I had seen it. The valance came off on the interstate the individual stated and they needed a replacement.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Awesome looking VTX trike.
I still have the occasional moment of silence for my VTX. It was the finest ride I had ever had known up until the wing.
I have no doubt that I will own another VTX in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts