Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking for a decent lift for my 2021 Goldwing.

I purchased the Harbor Freight table but my legs are to short to put the bike on it.
With the handles on the table ( and my short legs ) -- even to walk it up on the table took two of us to ensure it wouldnt fall.
It just seems way to scary and dangerous and i wont always have a second person to lend assitance.

I have notices that alot of folks use the Pitbull version. I looked for a couple of day and coundnt find them. Finally found them.
They only have a call center to order from ( as far as i can tell, and that is only a voice mail) and they say they are backed up for some time.

I have read about J&S. Lot of good stuff but also alot of horrible stuff. Most bad things are about their customer service. I therefore question the quality of the lift if so many people have to contact CS in the first place.

I have read good and bad about the Harbor Freight one.

Please. any advice from recent purchases or something would be very helpful to me.

Im new to bikes - Goldwings - and maintainence. Learning as I go.

Thank you for any insight that you may offer.

·
862 Posts
I agree with Johnny42, design some side stands to walk up on while loading your bike onto the lift. I have read were guys made a ‘pit’ in the garage floor to make it all level with the garage floor. I know that’s extreme, but…

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have returned the table lift already. I am looking for thoughts on others please.
What brand / models do you all own? Are you happy with them? Any good or bad thoughts on them?

Thanks

·
862 Posts
I have returned the table lift already. I am looking for thoughts on others please.
What brand / models do you all own? Are you happy with them? Any good or bad thoughts on them?

Thanks
Agh, I get it now. I have a pitbull also. It has worked as advertised for over a decade so far. That being said, others are liking the J&S more. So I’d go that route. Some bikes need a jig made to fit the bike. Some have adjustable risers to mate up with frame needs. I built my own jig to support my PC800 Pacific Coast (The frame is up inside the plastic on one side). I have lifted a trike with my pitbull Before but supported it on jack stands after lifting One end at a time.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Take a look at this website. Motorcycle ATV UTV Electric Lift Table Elevator 2000E Repair Shop Grade

I have this one due to my needs for a variety of equipment. They sell a lot of different models and if you don’t need to lift a 2000 lb kubota then you can get a lighter model. With the wings you get two side additions and two side ramps. I can ride my bike up those ramps without an issue. If you want to be able to do all this without help you would need to add something like a condor chock to the table. The chock from nhpro requires help. Adding the condor will be easy and it will lock the bike when you roll the front wheel into it. If you need additional info send me a pm and I will be glad to discuss.

Reactions: Kordin

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Aplus lift 1500lb from from apluslift.com. It was to tall for the the ground as you had to put about 2" board infront of the ramp. So I went the easy way cut the garage floor and flush mounted it. I have no regrets from doing that. Does require a bit of air.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts