Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Honda Goldwing-20,000 miles front fork seals blown-I think it was like less than $600.00, right front brake pad replacement, at least 4-5 times, Rear trunk hinges broke interior lid, Pixels are going out on GPS Screen

2016 Honda Goldwing With CSC Conversion -20,000 miles front fork seals blown-I think it was like less than $600.00, Clutch Burnt out-Cost was $2,400.00, right front brake pad replacement, at least 4-5 times, Rear trunk hinges broke interior lid, Pixels are going out on GPS Screen

I never had these issues with my previous wings-Now all of a sudden---same issues...Warranty does not cover them and Honda Extended Warranty does not cover them---I just Cancelled My Honda Extended Warranty on (4) late model Bikes-It appears if you ride them it is a wear item, and they no longer cover wear items.

Disgusting to say the least.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
"Wear items" or "consumables" were never covered by warranty, unless a very kind dealer did it out of good will. There is a cost of ownership on all things mechanical and that is sadly a part of it. ESC does not cover hand operated controls (radio, switches, cords for comm...) either. Always check with the dealer at the time of purchase on any extended coverage. Found that out the hard way on a car.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Is the pixels going out on his GPS wouldn't that be covered?

Reading your list just what IS covered, just the frame?? I can't think of anything else that isn't machinable.

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
When I had my SD card error message a little bit ago, it locked up the navigation/radio and made it unusable. I could not even see what my mileage was. I was planning to take it to the dealer for an extended warranty repair. I got to reading the extended warranty and found that the GPS/radio is not covered at all under the extended warranty. Thanks to kind folks on this forum, I was able to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too had to learn the hard way about warranties. Sorry for your hard lessons learned. This is WHY I started a weekly budget marked: Trike Repair

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
When I had my SD card error message a little bit ago, it locked up the navigation/radio and made it unusable. I could not even see what my mileage was. I was planning to take it to the dealer for an extended warranty repair. I got to reading the extended warranty and found that the GPS/radio is not covered at all under the extended warranty. Thanks to kind folks on this forum, I was able to resolve the issue.
Just want to correct the statement about the display. I had the one on my 2006 replaced under warranty after 6 years and 140,000 miles .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts