Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
15,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I headed out on a planned loop ride early on Friday. It was overcast and some scattered light rain around but temperatures were in the mid-70's. (Sorry for all those with a layer of that evil white stuff where they live.) It was supposed to be with another couple but they had a friend who needed help and had to beg off. For those of you who can't ride this time of year, maybe you can live vicariously through me for a bit.
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Automotive tail & brake light

I headed on back roads from Wiggins, MS to Vancleave and down to Hwy 90 at Gautier. East on 90 took me into Alabama. I headed down past Bayou La Batre to Dauphin Island. I took the ferry across Mobile Bay to Fort Morgan.
Water Sky Cloud Water resources Boat

Tire Wheel Jeans Land vehicle Vehicle

The crossing was a bit choppy and foggy. But I hadn't used this ferry since the first trip with my wife way back when I rode a Yamaha V-Star. From the landing I headed to Foley for lunch at Wolf Bay. I can highly recommend the Grouper Rueben.
Food Tableware Plate Ingredient French fries

·
Administrator
15,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From Foley I headed over to Fairhope to stop at Fairhope Brewing Company to sample a beer you can only purchase at their tasting room. A very good strong ale and I enjoyed it enough get some to go.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Property

I left Fairhope and headed north to get back home via Mobile. I stayed off the interstate and crossed under the Mobile River via US 98 and the Bankhead Tunnel. There are a few small breweries in downtown Mobile. One I hadn't made a stop at is the Old Majestic Brewing.
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

A happening little place, maybe because U of AL was on the tube playing a bowl game. They had a nice IPA that I appreciated enough to take home a six pack.

From there it was back on US 98 west to Mississippi. At Lucedale I got on MS 26 for the run home to make it just before dark. It was a nice little 250 mile loop. There were a couple sprinkles of rain but not enough to get the windshield wet. A good way to end the year.

·
Premium Member
7,114 Posts
Nice ride buddy....Seems to be keeping you young.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Thanks for the pics Mark. Nice to live in an area where you can ride the Wing all year long. Ride safe my friend.

·
Administrator
15,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang! That Rueben and flies surely looks good enough to actually eat................ Yummy!
Ronnie
1/1/22
They were awesome. That is coleslaw on the grouper and the fries were some of the best sweet potato fries I've ever had.
Nice ride buddy....Seems to be keeping you young.
Yes, but is that a surprised he is still riding for an old guy comment?
Thanks for the pics Mark. Nice to live in an area where you can ride the Wing all year long. Ride safe my friend.
That it is. I passed a few Corvettes that day too.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Administrator
15,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up this bike in June and despite work, managed to put 9430 miles on it and 12,076 miles for the year. I've been tracking my mileage since 2010 and that's below average, which is 15,469 miles. This stupid work thing can sure get in the way of riding. But it does pay the bills. Oh well, 11 months and 29 days left, but who's counting?

I do like the 2021 better than my 2010. The seat is still in question. It gets uncomfortable after a couple hours, but I'm not sure if it's the seat or pain from a tree falling on me last April. I managed to visit nine Southern states this year in two rides to North Carolina and one good long trip to Texas. Here's to more riding in 2022. 🍻 🍻
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
12,401 Posts
Thanks for taking us along.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Mark, thanks a lot for sharing your ride (and stops) with us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts