Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went with on a ride our MS-F group to the Landrum Homestead near Laurel. We had ten bikes show up for the ride. The weather for the day was about the best you could expect for around here the last part of July, with temperatures only getting to 93 and not a pop up shower around. (In contrast I stayed home today to do yard work and it hit 100 degrees.) If you are looking for some good touring roads take note of these; We headed out Hwy 18 to Raleigh and then down Hwy 35 to Hwy 37 which has some nice curves. At Taylorsville we took Hwy 28 to US 84 and into Laurel. The Landrum Homestead is a sort of museum with displays of how things used to be. Some early buildings have been moved here or recreated. It was interesting and after we looked around we went back into Laurel for lunch downtown. Afterwards we headed back south on Hwy 15 to Beaumont on US 98 where we headed east to Hwy 29 and back north to Ellisville. Here we took Hwy 588 until it crossed US 84 and took the old Salem School Road to a restaurant that is in the old Salem School Auditorium. Here we had a good dinner (we are an eating group with a riding problem) and then headed north to Hwy 532 and west to Mt Olive and US 49. We headed north back to the Jackson area and home. A good 300 mile loop.

Pictures; first is an old barber shop, I was going to get a haircut but Floyd wasn't in.
second; some miscriant got into trouble.
third; downtown Laurel where we went for a bit of lunch.
fourth; this is the old Salem School Auditorium that is now a restaurant.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Another great ride descrption & pictures Crownfire. Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Looks like a great day and a good time. Thanks for the pics...

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Great report.....that's too close for me not stop in. Love the barber shop.....

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had some camera issues or there would have been more pictures.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Great write up. Thanks again Mark:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.