Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever and wherever riding enthusiasts congregate and discuss the best places to ride, the old standards like the Pacific Coast Highway, Cabot Trail and Deals Gap come up often. I recently started hearing about another one lately that had me intrigued - The Lake Superior Circle Tour.

After booking a week's vacation and a BMW K1600GTL a month in advance, I finally set off from my home in Toronto, Ontario during the first week of July to enjoy some long days on the open road and warm nights by the water.

More: Lake Superior Circle Tour on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
We did that trip about 6 years ago, starting in Duluth, going clockwise, and ended back up in Duluth. I think we were gone about 6 or 7 days, and it rained every day but one! And it was cold! Next time I will do it in July or around there, and not in September. Even with the rain, it was one of the best trips I have ever been on.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Circled Lake Superior

The wife and I did the trip May 27-Jun 10, 2006. We met our riding buddies in Lake Huron, Michigan, and went west towards Duluth. We stopped at a visitors' center and got the paper work to get the certificate, which included having to stop at all visitors' center to get a stamp, mail the completed document in and the certificate was mailed to us several weeks later. (Norma's idea) The weather was great, sunny but cool. Saw lots of moose and a couple of back bears along the way; only negative was a lengthy time through customs at Sault St. Marie. See www.superiorbyways.com for riding ideas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
So many options, so little time...:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.