Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went and did it.

I got to make 2 parade laps at Laguna Seca track on July 23rd.

It was part of the HRCA 3 day ticket package that I bought. Had 2 friends from Japan that wanted to go while they were visiting here in Vegas. I rode up solo and the wife caravaned with the van.

Registered early Friday morning for the laps. A grand total of 6 Honda bikes were there. 5 sport bikes and my GW..Ducati group numbered around 50 or so bikes while Suziki and Yamaha types were around 30 or so.

Honda group went first on the track. I was tail end charlie by choice. First lap was a controlled pace led by a pace car..2nd lap was a little faster paced by track sanctioned riders..

I was doing ok on the controlled paced lap..The corkscrew was interesting the first time. 2nd time, I got too brave and almost overshot the 2nd turn back to the straightaway..The GW was just a little to heavy for that turn plus I'm not really that aggressive a rider anyway..Opened it up on the straightaways..Think I topped 95-100 for a short distance..too busy to look at spdometer while looking for upcoming turns..

Had a ball..Not bad in my opinion for an old fart of 72. Once in a lifetime thrill, for sure..

The GW handled pretty good (or at least I thought it did). There are probably a lot of you out there who would have made your presence known. I was suprised that I was the only GW present..
I should explain that this was my first attendance at a motorcycle race and I loved it..

OK..that's about it..Just had to tell about it..Couldn't hold it in any longer..Meant a lot to me just to get out on a race track.

End of fantasy but completion of a dream..

Ride safe out there.. :):)

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
glad you had fun and fulfilment. when i first hired in where i work now i hired in as a truck driver. the company sent me to a plant in utica, mi. and it still had the old test track ( for cars )with high banked curves, yea i got in trouble for running a truck with a 53ft trailer on the track but i told them " you have to keep your speed at 72mph or higher or the trailer will slide down when you go around the curve

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts

This may have been posted before, but it's a real hoot. The rider picks great lines and setsup very well especially when you consrider the guy on the rocket with the camera on is running 400 lbs less and way more hp.
Good for you marcad, I'd love to have the chance to do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts