Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found out how to stop the lag after engaging the cruise.

As soon as you press "set" go immediately to "resume" and you will eliminate the lag.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
thanks Gold,

I will give it a try tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patton, I know that but this is quicker. It is almost instant.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks Gold! That lag is so aggravating to me; I usually do as suggested by Patton, but that always seems to be suspect at best. I will give your suggestion a try!

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can also take care of it at the source, but you pretty much have to take the top shetler loose.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
I'll give this a try. I also have been holding the speed just a little below what I set until it eventually catches. Sometimes it seems to take longer than other times.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are going too love this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm new to the Wing but the "set cruise, hold throttle, press acl/res" is the same thing I did on the Venture I'd been riding the last 4 years. Have been doing it on the Wing since I got it a couple of thousand miles ago.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, it's not new to everyone, just me!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The dealer asked me if I was experiencing this problem and I was; he tightened up the cable and no more lag just push set,, done. Pushing resume just speeds up the cable tensioning. Either way the cable needs adjusted.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is new to me and very glad to hear about it. Will try it this evening....

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can also take care of it at the source, but you pretty much have to take the top shetler loose.
Wanted to correct myself. Wish I was in front of mine looking at it. But, you may only have to remove the dash to get to the adjustment.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Adjustment is down by throttle linkage not behind dash. Look where throttle cables hook to linkage and find cruise cable. This is where adjustments must be made. This also applys to automobiles as well. Loose cable causes lag and speed variation when set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts