Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the holiday with some friends for a full day of riding. We headed out early from the Jackson, MS area and up to Clarkson Covered Bridge near Cullman, AL. Once we got past Columbus, MS the roads turned curvy and fun. It was a perfect day and a neat area to visit. We plan on going back and checking out the historic Houston jail next month.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Looks like it was a great day and great ride. Old covered bridges are neat to see and check out. Quite a few in Pennsylvania. Thanks for the pics. Ride safe..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Next Time

If you want some company next time, drop me a line. The wife and I are always looking for someone to roll along with. Swing by Montgomery and we will head for the hills.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Yes sir! I too spent Labor Day rolling through the back roads of Northern VA. You remind me, crownfire, there is a covered bridge on my way to a rental property in Woodstock, VA. I've passed by the road many times but never turned down it to visit. On this particular day we used the bikes as a " mode of transportation " to a destination, rather than forcing a destination just to get a ride out of it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
In my area we have a annual yard sale that is 50 miles long. So I was stuck there but did get rid of some stuff no longer needed. Saturday we had the annual mule day, mule pulls. Could not miss that for nothing. This Saturday we have old timers day. Lots of good music. The band is some local guys and the drum player that was with Alabama plays with em. Lost of old fusion food, venders (mostly hand sewn stuff) and a black smith on hand.

I got in about 150 miles that was it.

dd

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Badger, I'll keep you in mind. Especially come winter when south is the preferred direction. There are some counties southeast of Montgomery that I have never been to. Those around Eufaula and into Georgia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts