Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone knows what these color wire go to I would appreciate the info, I have 5 wires White,Red,Yellow,Green, Brown.

Bob

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Bob I think we will need more detail. The year of the bike and where the wires are. If posiable a photo. Eric

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kwik Kamp Wire

Eric,

I have a 2010 Goldwing, but thats not the issue, it's what color wire goes from the plug on the Kwik Kamp to the lights on the rear of the trailer,

which color wire goes to each of these
Right Turnsignal
Ground
Running Lights
Left Turn Signal
Brake Light
Bob

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Eric,

I have a 2010 Goldwing, but thats not the issue, it's what color wire goes from the plug on the Kwik Kamp to the lights on the rear of the trailer,

which color wire goes to each of these
Right Turnsignal
Ground
Running Lights
Left Turn Signal
Brake Light
Bob
If you hook those wires up the same color on a plug and then hook that up to your goldwing.... it will work. The colors are universal.

There are some bikes that need to use a 5 to 4 converter. I had to put one of those on my Wing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that simple

No Larry

The wires don't match that's the problem

Bike has, Blue, Green, Brown, Orange, Red

Trailer has, White, Red, Yellow, Green, Brown

Bob

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
No Larry

The wires don't match that's the problem

Bike has, Blue, Green, Brown, Orange, Red

Trailer has, White, Red, Yellow, Green, Brown

Bob
Do you have a trailer connection wired on the bike? If you do..... find the matching connector and it will have those exact colors on it... the White, Red Yellow Green and Brown. Those are the standard colors for trailer wiring. The bike needs to be wired in the standard manner and if you connect trailer it will work.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Have a test light handy for this.
As per the 2006-2009 GL1800 Factory Service Manual schematics:
Orange: Left turn signal
Blue: Right turn signal
Green: ground
Green/red tracer: Brakes
Brown/white tracer: Tail lights
Always probe wires with test light to verify.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Confessions from an aussie: I didn't know that kwik kamp was a type of trailer. So naming coloured wires I thought it was somewhere on the bike. If it was related to a 1200 I have a shop manaul and may have been able to help. Have fun sorting it out. Eric

·
Registered
905 Posts
Trailer wires are used as follows. White is ground, Green is right turn, Yellow is left turn, Brown is running lights and red is for on board battery charging or trailer brakes depending on what is in trailer. This is a DOT wiring setup.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I just put LED Light units on the back of my 94 Kwil Kamp
White =ground
Brown=running
green= Right turn
Yellow= Left turn
Red was brake but don't need it with LED 5 to 4 Converter on the bike. Using this you should be able to match your bike to the Kwik Kamp.
Nice camping trailer by the way, we have at least 40,000 miles on our.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Jeebus, where were all yuz when I wired my Tiny Mite to the 1500?:confused:

·
Registered
470 Posts
When using one of those test probes with a sharp point, remember to seal the hole that it leaves..I use liquid tape. If you leave it untreated it's the start of wire rot..just wrapping it with tape will not seal it well enough...you may be chasing electrical problems before long!:eek:

·
Super Moderator
11,800 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts