Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Kuryakyn LED driving lights on my '10 GL1800, and was wondering if anyone who has them installed can tell me if they have a gap of approx 1/2" between the light and the cowling at the bottom. The cowling just doesn't feel "right" but I've taken it off and put it back on several times, and can't find anything preventing the cowling from fitting (everything bolts up on the cowling).

I also found that the switch for these lights has a return spring that is too light and has to be pulled out when turning them off. I did file the opening a little (very little) and it improved, but is still not right. This has me concerned about the overall quality and design.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Add on version and found the exact same things. I left the gap alone. I found the switch worked good if I didn't tighten up the screws that hold it in all the way. We have a product called "Goop" here. It dries like silicon in about 20 min and will prevent the screw from backing out. You could use silicon, it just takes longer to dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts