Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. :D

I'm asking for my dad, who unfortunately, isn't well versed in the use of computers. So I'm helping him out.

He called me last night, and saw that ChromeWorld had the Kuryakyn Gold Wing Comfort Seat on sale. He's wanted a new seat for his 1800 for quite some time, but hadn't been able to find one for a reasonable price. This seat seems to fit the bill for him.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else happened to have this seat, and how it compared both with the stock seat, as well as any other aftermarket seats out there. He's just looking at the standard seat, as he and my mom are fair-weather riders (mostly), and have no use for a heated seat.

Also, if you can think of another seat that might be comparrible, at a good price, that would be appreciated as well. :D

Thanks in advance.

Looks like I'm socked in with rain for the next few days... so nothin' but forum browsing for me. Duc needs new tires anyway. :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's the one.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Check these out for Pop, I don't know anything about the Kurys but some of these have real high ratings. If he joins the VIP membership he should get significant more savings as well.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/...up_list/gl1800/312_goldwing_Seats_Covers/des/

In addition to that check out Hartco that's what I got for my 1500. Got it new on Ebay $300. I love it.

Hope this helps & get Pop/Mom comfy that is your mission. Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I had a Saddleman Road Sofa on my 98 GL1500 that I loved. I paid $650 for that one. Did many 600+ mile days with no problem. I've looked at the Kuryakan and I like the looks of it, but a heated seat with back rest would run well over $1k and I'm not that dissatisfied with the stock GL1800 seat to spring for that much $$. Maybe after the bike is older and if the stock seat breaks down then I'll consider.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

The only issue I see with the Saddleman is that it doesn't have a passenger backrest like the Kur does. Not sure if that's an option or not, or if the Kur one will fit on the Saddleman seat.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

The only issue I see with the Saddleman is that it doesn't have a passenger backrest like the Kur does. Not sure if that's an option or not, or if the Kur one will fit on the Saddleman seat.
They sell the cover that would replace the stock GW backrest. But they didn't have a "new/replacement" backrest available when I bought mine. I bought the cover to match the seat and had a local shop cover the stock backrest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotcha.

I'll call dad tonight and e-mail him a link to the Saddleman and see what he thinks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just rode up to Ultimate Seats yesterday and purchased their middleman seat with the low contour pass backrest.
I then went on a 4 hour ride and so far I really like it.
They sculped the front thigh area which allows about 2 more inches of legs to reach the road.
I chose the Ostrich inserts but they had many designs in many colors.

Just my .02

PS. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post 'em up.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
New seats cost like heck. Unless your old seat is completely worn out I recommend A shearling wool seat cover. This isnt cheap either, about 250$ but it is comfortable. Ive had mine for 2 years and it works fine, is much improvement over stock seat. I have a standard GW seat underneath it and 110,000 miles on the bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet.

Talked to dad last night. He called Chromeworld and ordered the seat. While he had them on the phone, he asked them if the seat would work with the foldable backrest he has now (which I forgot he had :p). They checked, and set it will work just fine with the seat, since they're both Kuryakyn.

He said he's going to try and ride tomorrow, since it seems Spring has finally arrived in Western New York. I got new tires yesterday, and should have them all scrubbed in and ready for the weekend by this afternoon. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got back from a 3 hour ride and I love the Ultimate seat!
The sculpted it to be much more comfortable and the memory foam is very comfy.
I'm not sure if the Ostrich insert helps but it looks cool.
(for all you PETA people...it's fake) lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got back from a 3 hour ride and I love the Ultimate seat!
The sculpted it to be much more comfortable and the memory foam is very comfy.
I'm not sure if the Ostrich insert helps but it looks cool.
(for all you PETA people...it's fake) lol
That being said, I can deliver any "personal messages" for PETA, since their office is right across the river, in Norfolk. :D

Seat looks good.

Oddly enough, the seat on my bike is one of the most comfortable I've had on a bike. Although the riding position leaves something to be desired. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts