Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2005 goldwing today and I would like to add the Kuryakyn driver back rest and passenger arm rest with drink holder. I was wondering which website I should go to to find the best price for these items. I was hoping to find some used one's on craigs list but did not find any. I was thinking there might be a way to buy these type parts from junk yards but I do not know of a motorcycle junk yard. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
It seems to be more comfortable for the passenger, many of whom complain of the bar rubbing on their legs. Read the reviews on the Kury backrest at WingStuff. Also , the tilt forward and rear-ward adjustments are fixed points on the Kuryakyn, while the Utopia has infinite adjustments within it's range. You have to cut through the seat to install it though. I did mine with heated seats, and the heater still works. Here is a video of the installation :

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chopin114,

Thanks for the link. I watched the video. Thanks for your comments. I ordered the Utopia back rest today from the honda dealer in Garner, NC. They gave me a much better price than I could find on the internet. Also they will install accessories for free on Saturday's.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Chopin114,

Thanks for the link. I watched the video. Thanks for your comments. I ordered the Utopia back rest today from the honda dealer in Garner, NC. They gave me a much better price than I could find on the internet. Also they will install accessories for free on Saturday's.
I hope you are happy with it. I am with mine, although it is the only one I have ever had. I've seen the " bar " style like Kury and Show Chrome up for sale on other web sites by sellers who were switching to the Utopia. If you can get it installed free that's an added bonus. It really added some comfort miles to my rides, especially when I press my feet out on the highway boards.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
as for the armrests i'm going with krome works ,i've read the reviews and the krome works brand are far better (stronger,better chrome and don't have to swing out to open the trunk)due to the poor quality chrome i will only buy kuryakyn if the part is not available from another manufacturer or if it is chrome abs plastic

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have put the Utopia backrest on my Yamaha 2008 Venture and another on my 2007 Goldwing with the heated seats. They are far better as I and a few others are concerned and much better than the ones with the bars on each side and even though you have to make a small slice in your seat cover that is absolutely no problem (and the price is also very good)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts