Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...I'm after a set of K6180 ISO grips for my 1500. My last ones melted last year when I got caught in construction during a heat wave :eek:
Would Wingstuff be the place to shop? I'm in Canada so would have to pay shipping.
Thanks in advance,
Strat

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts
Question melted how.
Are they turning on the bar ????
If so, try pushing tie rapes the length of the chrome strips between the chrome and the rubber underneath. A kid got to twisting on mine a few years ago and the throttle would slip. Worked the ties rap between the chrome and the rubber and solved the turning problem. ?????

·
Super Moderator
12,291 Posts
Question melted how.
If so, try pushing tie rapes the length of the chrome strips between the chrome and the rubber underneath. A kid got to twisting on mine a few years ago and the throttle would slip. Worked the ties rap between the chrome and the rubber and solved the turning problem. ?????

I think I would be tie wrapping a kid! :eek:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question melted how.
The grips still work, but it feels like I'm grabbing a handful of black glue. Thanks for the responses guys.
Strat

·
Super Moderator
12,291 Posts
Maybe spray them with a clear coat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts