Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had any install experience with the trunk and saddlebag LED lights from Kuryakin. I'm kinda liking the looks of these units, but the install directions and photos on the site look a bit vague to me. Anyone done an install on these?

·
Registered
449 Posts
"Gotem" I was given the advice from someone NOT to buy Show Chromes version due to them being 2nd rate in quality. So, I opted for the Kuryakin LED's. Excellent contruction, good fit and finish, and comes with everything you need. The trunk also doubles as a brake light. The install comes with clear instrucions and is just not that hard. I bought them trunk and saddlebags on Ebay seperatly. Saved almost 50% compared to Honda store price. I like em!:D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The kuryakyn ones are nice because they have the chrome with the LED inserts. But like anything else you buy some will be good and some will be bad. I had the show chrome/big bike ones on my 02 and had them on for 5 years and only had to replace 1 light strip. I have 2 friends that put the Kuryakyn ones on the bikes and both of them had a light go out within a month. The install is plug and play, no big deal. Also, you cannot buy replacements light strips for the Kury lights but you can for the show chrome ones. I made my choice because I thought they looked better on my 02 Pearl Orange Gold Wing. I haven't put any on my 08 Titanium yet because I still don't know which ones look better with that color.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have over 2000 led lights on mine. Some from kuryakyn, some are show chrome, and some are wingstuff. All are easy to install and look great! Just use a little common sense and patience when installing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts