Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a pair of the Kuryakin brake levers. I found after installation that the clutch engagement is not the same throughout the lever adjustments. When I adjust them closer (for a smaller hand) the bike creeps in gear and I cannot put it back into neutral until I readjust the lever further out (for a bigger hand). Has anyone had this problem? Resolutions would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
What year Wing do you have?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
In the interest of other riders who may experience the same problem I have found the answer to this problem. It is really a comedy of errors but at the same time that I installed the brake levers I also installed the Kuryakin split hand grips for heated grips. The custom grips are about 1" larger in diameter than the stock grips and so that 1/2" (per side) of lost travel for the clutch lever does not allow for the two closest (smaller hands) settings because the lever strikes the grip before the plunger completely disengages the clutch. Therefore, if you have or intend to have the spilt grip on your machine you should know that you will lose two adjustment notches on your levers (both brake and clutch).

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Also some people have trouble with the cruise control setting after they put on after market levers, the are just a little different thickness than stock and can cause a problem there also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aftermarket clutch/brake lever fix

I had a problem with the levers not releasing completely after I installed them. I think they were Kuryakin but I do not remember for sure. I knocked the bushing out and used the mounting hardware from the OEM levers. Problem solved! :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Mine have worked PERFECT since install. Make sure you have serviced your clutch master cylinder as per maintaince requirments of service manual. Setting is set on 2 for me but have also changed grips. No drag when ingaged and still pulls front wheel when released fast in 1st and 2nd. Gotta LOVE my Wing!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts