Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The kuryakyn armrests for the 1800,do they have a semi-locking device to keep them from swinging open or is it just a friction fit? What I am really asking is if they give the pass. any feeling of security?

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Can't give you any input for the 1800 but the ones on my 1500 made the little lady feel snug as a bug.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
No locking mechanism, just friction, they do afford a bit of security though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wish I had seen the Rivco before I bought the Kurys. I like how they swing up and are not in the way when opening the trunk. Can't tell you how many times I've forgot to swing the arm rests out of the way before opening the trunk.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I also wished I researched more before buying Kury's but was too excited about buying things for the new Wing. Backed up on one when it was swung out and sheared the stop-pin. Now it swings all the way around and it difficult to get the "friction" just right. Keeps loosening up and swinging out. :mad: I'm constantly reaching back to pull it in when riding. (Keeps hanging out like it's signaling a left turn). Would rather have the ones that drop when opening the trunk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They are strong enough until it comes time to lean on them. I would definately not be using them to get off and on the bike!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I sheared a stop pin on mine also. Can't remember what I used to replace it but the stock ones are just rolled tube steel. Not very strong at all. Took it apart, replaced the pin and tightened it back up and it works fine now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts